Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... who knows - specific perceived and/or legit errors with instrumentation, notwithstanding. right -

Still, the degree/scale of actual negative anomalies was [likely ] not as deep as perceived. Personally?  I find it interesting that it was negative at all, when the baseline [argumentative or not -] appears to lean positive as a result of CC.

I’m just saying when making a case of mundane departures , I wouldn’t use a reporting station that Will has stated ad nauseam is garbage 

I think the Perceived departures sometimes are skewed if it is cooler or hotter when people are awake and any minimum departures (+\-) are often not perceived as well simply because most are not outside experiencing them. That being said it - it seemed like a -2 or so 

I would also add that many see June as a summer month ..but first third of the month the averages are not really that “summery” (so some may think the (-) departures were bigger early on 

33 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’m just saying when making a case of mundane departures , I wouldn’t use a reporting station that Will has stated ad nauseam is garbage 

I think the Perceived departures sometimes are skewed if it is cooler or hotter when people are awake and any minimum departures (+\-) are often not perceived as well simply because most are not outside experiencing them. That being said it - it seemed like a -2 or so 

I would also add that many see June as a summer month ..but first third of the month the averages are not really that “summery” (so some may think the (-) departures were bigger early on 

I think I’m summer it’s real easy to get different perceptions because wet usually comes with some dews that’s elevate minimums… while folks see clouds and rain and “cooler” temps in the daytime.

It would be interesting to see maximum and minimum departures.

And like you said, June we usually rush summer temperatures a bit too fast, when normals aren’t there yet.  So expecting 85+ every day makes it feel cool if it’s like 75F… but that may actually be normal.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I don't know what difference that makes. 

If one wants to consider 'distribution behavior' the last 8 or so days of the month were all modestly above normal..  between +1 and +3 at ALB/HFD/ORH. 

Just meant MHT would go from -1.9 to -2.5 if you exclude the first 2 days of the month. But yeah, the biggest departures were definitely front loaded in either direction.

Indicative of this failure of a summer that we can't even manage getting a warm frontal passage in July. NYC metro and SW CT are where it's at today, true summer conditions there.

KEWR 021651Z 22009KT 10SM FEW028 BKN045 BKN140 BKN250 31/22 A2986 RMK AO2 SLP110 T03060217
KDXR 021653Z VRB04KT 8SM FEW015 BKN026 26/22 A2989 RMK AO2 SLP117 T02610217

vs

KIZG 021714Z AUTO 00000KT 4SM -RA BR FEW006 SCT011 OVC014 18/18 A2996 RMK AO2 P0002 T01830178

• Thanks 1