Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

22 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Actually tomorrow is a bit interesting. Don't think we'll see widespread storms because we're lacking better shortwave forcing, though dynamics, particularly upper-level dynamics are quite strong, but could see some strong storms around and motions should be relatively slow so probably see a localized flash flood risk. Western sections are favored, but could see some activity make its way east during the overnight. 

Heh...

Tomorrow is a tail of failed towers -

88/68  alllllmost enough to glaciate, collapsing with five nickle -sized rain blats on the car top.   Maybe some ridge topper lights up a 5 pixels, but that day really looks like a doldrum of summer day. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh...

Tomorrow is a tail of failed towers -

88/58  alllllmost enough to glaciate, collapsing with five nickle -sized rain blats on the car top.   Maybe some ridge topper lights up a 5 pixels, but that day really looks like a doldrum of summer day. 

I think the thing with tomorrow really is, while not widespread whoever gets into anything is going to get some intense downpours and could even pick up a quick inch or so of rain and obviously given our situation it won't take much for some localized flash flooding. I'm actually a bit shocked the HRRR didn't have more in the way of development tomorrow, at least within a narrow corridor for eastern New York into Vermont and western New England. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I see what he is saying, but I'm not sure it does much for us here.

I really post it for people like you to decipher what effects it would have . I’d assume it’s not going to raise dew points and we would have less rain . It would be pretty hard to go the other way .

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I really post it for people like you to decipher what effects it would have . I’d assume it’s not going to raise dew points and we would have less rain . It would be pretty hard to go the other way .

We may have some drier interludes I suppose? Both dews and rain...but judging by the EPS...I'm not sure it's a pattern change really. However, we may actually see cold fronts try to push east of us for once.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kdxken said:

Been an absolute beauty in Maine.

Screenshot_20230717_053208_Chrome.jpg

Last month some folks mentioned 2009, the year my garden rotted, and I thought, "no way."  The resemblance is certainly there; biggest difference is that the dews are considerably higher this year.  Not my cup of (sweat) tea.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:
29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:
Our AQI went downhill quickly today.  It was 30 at 8am and is 100 (moderate) now.

Was just thinking how smokey it is....working in Newton just off 128 and it's super hazy/smokey

So much smoke for the Eastern part of the US.  Now it is coming from Western Canada.  No more cool, clean Canadian air!

smoke.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I think the thing with tomorrow really is, while not widespread whoever gets into anything is going to get some intense downpours and could even pick up a quick inch or so of rain and obviously given our situation it won't take much for some localized flash flooding. I'm actually a bit shocked the HRRR didn't have more in the way of development tomorrow, at least within a narrow corridor for eastern New York into Vermont and western New England. 

Yeah, jokes aside ...agreed the FF is still active.  I think the threat is more west?