• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discobs 2023

George BM

At the high of the day now that the sun has come up and started to warm things. 71.2 after a low of 56.3 this morning. Dewpoint has crept up a few degrees as well to 62. Now we wait to see if the "recovery" will be enough for good storms later. 

• Like 1

At the high of the day now that the sun has come up and started to warm things. 71.2 after a low of 56.3 this morning. Dewpoint has crept up a few degrees as well to 62. Now we wait to see if the "recovery" will be enough for good storms later. 

Looks like we’re also dealing with more rounds of smoke, too. This season is a battle so far lol
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, H2O said:

Wish for rain in one hand, take a dump in the other and see which one fills up first 

This, bigtime. Based on radar at mid-morning....I (stupidly) did NOT water some of our new sod in the front yard thinking that we'd get under those bright yellows/oranges by midday. You'd think I'd learn by now.

Of course, it all most fizzled out by the time it crossed east of I-95...I got all of five minutes of intermittent raindrops. Absolutely NOT holding out hope for those cells meagerly popping in western MD. Excuse me while I go out and water my very dry and mostly-drying sod.  :( 

• Like 1

i think this is going to pass just to my south. i’m ok with that as long as we get some more rain.

The National Weather Service in Sterling Virginia has issued a 

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... East central Frederick County in northwestern Virginia... Northeastern Clarke County in northwestern Virginia... Southwestern Jefferson County in the Panhandle of West Virginia... South central Berkeley County in the Panhandle of West Virginia... 

* Until 400 PM EDT. 

* At 331 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Winchester, moving east at 30 mph. HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Damaging winds will cause some trees and large branches to fall. This could injure those outdoors, as well as damage homes and vehicles. Roadways may become blocked by downed trees. Localized power outages are possible. Unsecured light objects may become projectiles. 

* Locations impacted include... Charles Town, Berryville, Brucetown, Cedar Grove, Gaylord, Clear Brook, Ridgeway, Stephenson, Wadesville, Summit Point, Cedar Hill, Stringtown and Rippon.

* AFFECTED AREAS: CLARKE, VA ... FREDERICK, VA ... BERKELEY, WV ... JEFFERSON, WV

• H2O unpinned this topic