• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

Interesting pattern offered overnight by both the Euro and GFS...

Nothing terribly well organized, but daily convection chances for like 10 straight days.  Some days only one or two cells sprinkled about, other days ... pervasive 18z explosions in a higher K-index, DP rich bonanza. 

All the while...there's a modest heat signal lurking.  It's not likely the operational runs will ever see this.  I've given up. The last one was a whopper, and we ended up folding the ridge over with a closed low in WV that took a hot signal and turned it into everything but an actual coastal storm ... other than heat.  That's the rub with teleconnectors in the summer - the correlations are different because of the nebular flow types/lacking coherent long-wave..etc.   

Anyway, presently there is an EPO positive switch to negative (+1 to -1 SD), while the PNA is collapses to -1SD ... as we head through the holiday times. That combination at this time of year would settle a flow nadir into the Pac NW... with tendencies for rising heights across the eastern mid latitude continent.  It's a question of how much(little) amplitude, and if greater... than we get warmer.  

The only problem is... the operational runs don't really reflect any of the above actually happening right now.  It may emerge over the next week, similar to how the "fold over" pattern with ridging and apocalypse fires in Canada and a cut off S wasn't handled until nearer terms, we could formulate a passive heat footprint given time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

My sleep app recorded the storm—rain and thunder—as ambient noise.

IMG_0994.png

My wife had been using the snore lab app for awhile and recorded some ambient noises like that, also some of my farts :), cats meowing and such. I've had to wear earplugs for years due to her snoring, but she now has a CPAP and there is absolutely no snoring now. I couldn't believe the 1st night she wore it she said she would not snore. I laid awake in anticipation of the 1st snort, that never happened. Unreal. Wearing earplugs was a real drag that's no longer needed.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My wife had been using the snore lab app for awhile and recorded some ambient noises like that, also some of my farts :), cats meowing and such. I've had to wear earplugs for years due to her snoring, but she now has a CPAP and there is absolutely no snoring now. I couldn't believe the 1st night she wore it she said she would not snore. I laid awake in anticipation of the 1st snort, that never happened. Unreal. Wearing earplugs was a real drag that's no longer needed.

Good morning Lava Rock. Happy to hear your rest is assured and pray that your love is also benefiting by it. Considering the flatulence factor, before CPAP, you still might have been getting the best of the situation. Stay well, as always ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

DewStein 

It’s definitely been more humid the past 2 decades, but there’s instrumentation changes somewhere in there too when it went from the psychrometer to automated/digital. I feel like the ASOS sensors are more prone to being “dewier” in very humid conditions…especially AWOS. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

This will go down as a forgettable June.

Quite memorable here, though not in a good way.  Reported 0.93 to cocorahs this AM, month up to 6.51" thru 7, while Farmington was 1.4" and Temple 1.98", tops for the state.  Had a couple rumbles about 5:30 AM; friend 2 towns NW had lots of crash-bangs.  Today makes 21 days this month with measurable precip - highest so far for any month so far here is 23.  Least available sun was 25% in June 2009; this month will be closer to 20%.  (Edited)

No big downpours like May - biggest calendar day was 0.94" on the 17th.  

• Like 2