Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2023

George BM

32 minutes ago, H2O said:

.55” but I think I lost some precip. Gauge was clogged and had to mess with the Davis Pro to clean it out

I’ll take any rain I can get tho

Just cleaned all the pollen goo out of mine ahead of the rain. Want to make sure my .25 is legit.

• Like 2

Had an issue with my rain gauge yesterday. Had cleaned it out last week but it only recovered.06’. 

But really came here to say I was trying to beat the advance of that line all day. Was at a horse show down in Warrenton. The younger Miss J finished around 11 and we loaded up and headed out. I use my friends truck and trailer and they now have the new Ford Lightning. My range was just below my trip mileage back to drop off the pony at her home barn then get back to Lovettesville. So we had planned a charge stop in Haymarket. Took about 15 min to get enough charge to keep on our way. Had a small cell pop over us while there.

Got to Aldie and checked the line. We were still a head of it but not by much. Dropped the pony off and headed back to Lovettesville. Encountered some slight spotting of rain but not the main line. Pulled into my friends farm and could see it advancing over the mountain. Told the kid the minute I get the trailer backed in to grab what was needed out of the truck and trailer and toss it in my car. I took the keys inside, almost loosing my hat, and then sprinted to the car as that line was coming across the field.

We had made it back literally seconds before the line hit. And still had to drive back home to Frederick. Drove in down pouring rain all the way. But the worst of it was on 340. Just West of Jefferson we got slammed with blowing rain. Auto wipers ramped up and we slowed down to about 40 mph. You could not see any cars in front of us. It has been ages since I have had to drive in rain on a highway like that. I am so glad that I was in my car and not hauling horses. We got out of the heavy rain just East of Jefferson. The kid looked at radar and saw what we had just gone through. Got home and pulled into the garage. After a 5 am start to the day we were both glad to be home. 

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic