Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Extended summer stormlover74 future snow hole banter thread 23

BxEngine

14 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

February 14, 2007 I have listed as a mix of light snow, sleet and freezing rain (maybe 1.5" total sleet snow accumulation)?  My notes show that a low was forecast to move into the Great Lakes, but rather slid across southen PA.  A secondary formed off the Carolinas and moved north.  Heavy snow warnings posted, but warmer air worked its way into mid levels, resulting in a mixed bag.  Is this correct?  I think the 5.5" sleet storm occurred March 17, 2007?

March was the bigger sleet event. All sleet pretty much the entire duration. VD started a bit of snow and might have had some freezing rain but was a decent amount of sleet too. I measured 3.4 in Feb and 5.9 in March 

I think it was the 850 low track that screwed us as the coastal track was fine and temps were very cold

10 hours ago, winterwx21 said:

Even with yesterday, we're still well below normal in snowfall. So I don't know why any snow lover would want saturday to bust. 

Because my job is hard enough without snow falling, and im working friday night.  Snow totals when i cant play in the snow dont count. 

• Like 3

I have a question about last Saturday's snow.  It was very light and fluffy, but it also seemed to have very high water content, melting immediately if I even lightly touched it.  Not sure I could have even gathered it into a snowball before melting.  I thought those qualities - the lightness/fluffiness and the high water content - were incompatible, that wet snow was always heavy snow, but clearly that isn't the case.  Is this type of snow rare, or was my impression incorrect?