Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Possibly 2 days of 90 in CT tomorrow and Friday . Still 80 Saturday 

24 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I'm a bit sunburned already, not even April 15th!  71.3

Love it. April stretch to remember if only for a week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Probably don't care to hear this but ...it's been interesting to watch how the terrain is enhancing or even triggering much of that.   Presidential Range is sending shit streaks over lower Maine and coastal NH...

I saw that. Almost like banner clouds downstream off of the Matterhorn.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Not necessarily, I remember a year maybe 2008ish where we hit 90 in April or May and that was the high temp for the summer.

yeah... It's unclear at best. 

It's more likey not even statistically determined, actually.  I mean, no one in this particular social media return usership has done that analysis, I'm certain.  Not going in the warm direction, because the majority isn't interested in even being alive in the summer.  If they could enter suspended animation, like cryo sleep and be reawakened on November 26th - but if and only if there is a D7 bomb on the EC in a modest El Nino Pacific, they'd sign up. I'm sure the statistics are out there somewhere, but it's unlikely anyone in here has much interest in "weather" warmth in the springs means much to ensuing summer typologies.   

In the fall?  If there's a single packing pellet anywhere in New England, they'll find it and perform a forensic cryo investigation replete with 4th order tensor regressions to figure out the winter  ( that sentence doesn't mean anything but sounds funny)   

Which i have ... lol, and there's not much correlation between October and ensuing winters.  Likewise, I suspect the same is true for April --> summer?  But don't quote me.   Chances are, not much correlation above noise. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Next week look partly to mostly cloud with interval showers, with high no higher than 60 the whole way.

How does that statistically correlate to ensuing summers.  Hmm?

Other than Sunday night/ early Monday it looks mainly dry next week. Maybe a quick shower Tuesday evening. With 65-70 middle end of week. E MA may be different 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

I'm a bit sunburned already, not even April 15th!  71.3

Been getting quite a bit of sun on the mountain.  April sun angle reflecting off snow and bright everywhere.  I usually hit my peak face tan in like May right around the time the snow finally melts on the hill, ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s not like it hasn’t snowed in early to mid April…or later.  

But good luck getting that to verify in this regime 

That would be a wet coating for you and some cat paws for everybody else.
Nothing shocking for interior SNE.  It happens every 3 years give or take. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Crazy stuff around FLL…insane rainfall totals with those stationary thunderstorms 

By far my biggest rainfall to date. Since I've moved down here (2019) not even a tropical system has dropped so much. 

This radar loop is impressive.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Crazy stuff around FLL…insane rainfall totals with those stationary thunderstorms 

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Some of the video and pictures are nuts. Even flooding at the airport 

Truly unreal. With a tor warning now.