Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2023

Rtd208

15 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

As beautiful as this weather is I really hope this isn’t the start of a super dry period. Trying to get some plants in the ground and gotta get the hose attached and water turned on! 

The typical climate progression would be that we get this early heat and then it regresses to a cooler rainier pattern for a few weeks (4-6) and then we get more hot and dry weather beginning in the second half of June and for July and the first half of August.  Later in August we would get the influence of the el nino and switch to a rainier pattern after the 20th or so.

16 hours ago, jm1220 said:

About as amazing as it gets. Heat during the summer now almost always comes on southerly flow events and much more likely to be 95 with 75 dew point vs over 100. We need the west winds like today that downslope. Way too often the ridge and heat overshoot us into NNE and even Canada these days. 

Yes I really hope we get this in July again.  Our heat comes not from the SE ridge, it comes from the west, which I think we'll get this year.  Strong heat building in the middle of the country and reaching us from the West.

17 hours ago, TWCCraig said:

82 and sunny

67 degrees just a couple miles to my SE. Happy to not be in the sea breeze today!

In the summer we just need to delay the sea breeze to come in after 3 PM to hit 100 degrees.  A nice downsloping wind like today can do that and also limit the humidity at the same time.

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

HRRR has 3rd earliest 90° for Newark.

5C6D5AAE-89C1-462C-AACE-28EA55AF570A.thumb.png.3e3e3fcfd454c460448f0948cf1932dc.png

Chris, you posted that Mineola hit 108 in July 2010-- I thought that was July 2011 lol.  Can you check through July 2011 records to see what their highest temp was that month?  Thanks!

Just comparing it to JFK, I know JFK hit 102 in July 2010 (at or above 100 3 days.... 101, 102 and 100) and 103 in July 2011 (at or above 100 twice, 103 and 100.)

1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

Weekend looks cloudy / showers and winds coming onshore - big contrast.  Somewhat of a cutoff in the gulf moves up the EC.  not a huge rainmaker in any sense.  Can see the clouds over GA/FL Al

25 inches of rain for Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

The typical climate progression would be that we get this early heat and then it regresses to a cooler rainier pattern for a few weeks (4-6) and then we get more hot and dry weather beginning in the second half of June and for July and the first half of August.  Later in August we would get the influence of the el nino and switch to a rainier pattern after the 20th or so.

That may be true historically, but lately we seem to be charting our own new normals!!

• Like 1