Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

2 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Borderline moderate snow in the Bronx. Strong winds are whipping the large flakes about. The day has the "look" of winter, but there is no accumulation.

Its a big flake type of snow. Althought here it is accumulating on tree branches and power lines since its coming down pretty hard currently. Nice to see daytime snow in mid march atleast.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Albany area getting crushed. They will be at average snowfall after this storm. 

If you mean average for the season, they may be a hair under but close. Average there is about 60” but they were at 42” going into this. They likely get at least a foot so that would get them to 54” and 18” would be 60”. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Albany area getting crushed. They will be at average snowfall after this storm. 

Yeah I was wondering if any location was going hit average with this even with the abomination of a winter in most locales.  Even if we got 20 around here, we would miss. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

If you mean average for the season, they may be a hair under but close. Average there is about 60” but they were at 42” going into this. They likely get at least a foot so that would get them to 54” and 18” would be 60”. 

They could still find another few inches if something goes right later in the month.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Even with only a foot it's still close enough compared to pathetic lack of snow other areas have had. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Yeah I was wondering if any location was going hit average with this even with the abomination of a winter in most locales.  Even if we got 20 around here, we would miss. 

I think you basically had to be I90 on north to have close to an average winter. I'm 20 miles north of I84 and this storm should get me to over 25 for the season but still well below normal. 

Approaching 6 inches now. I'm guessing 3 to 4 tops on the roads, but they are now plowing. Snowing steadily, not as heavy as earlier.

Seems as if the forecast was right, but timing a bit off as it came in today instead of last night.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Even with only a foot it's still close enough compared to pathetic lack of snow other areas have had. 

Yeah, near 60” in Albany but decent chance NYC still faces futility after this. Utter epic fail. 

Windswept light snow here but nothing sticking with temps near 35.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Off and on snow but nothing is accumulating. If this happened overnight it would have accumulated. Nyc will break the record for lowest snowfall 

Yep even with a temp of 33 and moderate to heavy snow, it can't accumulate even on colder surfaces here. March sun angle is killing us. Too bad this didn't happen at night as you said. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Off and on snow but nothing is accumulating. If this happened overnight it would have accumulated. Nyc will break the record for lowest snowfall 

Nothing after this storm ?

I'm hoping the next storm hit us but doubtful.

It's amazing how many storms swung and missed.

• Like 1