Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

1 minute ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

How long should we expect this to last 

I’m a total moron, but that feed rotating across Ma and down the HV through the island appears to have some legs and not really moving. 

Low center is backing into Boston Bay from Gulf of Maine over next 4-6 hours so the entire storm is becoming steady state with a gradual cooling trend as the upper low captures the center (last spotted at 42.5N 67.8W). Potential for slightly better stickage in NYC metro as sun angle drops and colder air filters in. Maybe 1-2" in places. System won't clear out of region until after midnight. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Low center is backing into Boston Bay from Gulf of Maine over next 4-6 hours so the entire storm is becoming steady state with a gradual cooling trend as the upper low captures the center (last spotted at 42.5N 67.8W). Potential for slightly better stickage in NYC metro as sun angle drops and colder air filters in. Maybe 1-2" in places. System won't clear out of region until after midnight. 

I dont think so. I think the precip will quickly shut off in next 2-3 hours but hope you are correct

15 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

Does 3" on a table on my patio count? My lawn has been totally white for a while in the non swampy spots too.

Yeah, it feels dirty counting it, lol.  I wouldn't post it on the FB page or people will get upset.  A few cold spots have 2.5" here, but most everywhere else is a dusting. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jayyy said:

It varies greatly in that area. My friends in Schenectady only got 8” while some other areas easily saw over a foot. Shadow effect is real up there. Elevated Places SW of Albany and east of Albany tends to cause sinking air in the valley

Yes, this is true. I have family there and I know topography plays a role in Capitol District snowfall as it does in MHV.  I did see a number of reports of reports of a foot or more.