Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Somewhere in CT, a bald, emaciated man is stirring in his sleep

I mean, if we start capturing this off the coast of SE NJ, then all of the sudden the parallels become a bit more striking. When we’re flinging the low way east before capture, it wasn’t all that similar…but if you start capturing down there and driving the ULL into MD or VA, then you quickly have a different beast. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Because heavy snow is the only thing in this world that still affords me the opportunity to experience the very same youthful exuberance that I did as a  child. So few adults in this world have something that allows that,  and when you do, cherish it for life bc it's a gift.

My wife loves taking pictures of me while I am using the roof rake because of the pure joy in my expression (especially when the snow is just pelting me as it falls).  If the forecast doesn't change drastically i m planning on shoveling part of the garage room and breaking out the roof rake on Sunday!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I mean, if we start capturing this off the coast of SE NJ, then all of the sudden the parallels become a bit more striking. When we’re flinging the low way east before capture, it wasn’t all that similar…but if you start capturing down there and driving the ULL into MD or VA, then you quickly have a different beast. 

Dumb question but wouldn't that situation be a decaying low slowly drifting SE?

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

Despite a really tucked low it’s colder than the other guidance. Snow east of the low?

It’s not snowing due east of the low…maybe northeast of the low but that is fairly normal as long as you are north of the midlevel warm front which is pretty clear in this run…

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Obviously it's the NAM still in the clown range, but I don't think it is as good as it seems. It's (hopefully) a bit too amp happy but verbatim, we may be dealing with major dryslot issues quickly with all the goods well west.

With SST's 41-42°F off BOS, it's going to be hard to get snow with strong ENE winds with the NAM showing the low on the coast of NJ.  Not buying a 2m temp of 33°F here at hr 84, no matter the strength of the precip.

• Like 1

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

Dumb question but wouldn't that situation be a decaying low slowly drifting SE?

Eventually it would but it’s prob going to redevelop somewhere out east when that intense vortmax down in VA keeps pressing eastward. Dec ‘92 did that too…initially captured near Delmarva but then redeveloped east and pinwheeled up to a position south of MVY where it rotted for a bit before finally drifting off E or ESE. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Eventually it would but it’s prob going to redevelop somewhere out east when that intense vortmax down in VA keeps pressing eastward. Dec ‘92 did that too…initially captured near Delmarva but then redeveloped east and pinwheeled up to a position south of MVY where it rotted for a bit before finally drifting off E or ESE. 

Fascinating

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s an interesting evolution. One we have not seen by the globals or ens I don’t think.

Yeah not really buying it. More just entertaining fodder before the real models come out. 

It does highlight some of the model guidance uncertainty though. We keep getting different variations of this storm. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

With SST's 41-42°F off BOS, it's going to be hard to get snow with strong ENE winds with the NAM showing the low on the coast of NJ.  Not buying a 2m temp of 33°F here at hr 84, no matter the strength of the precip.

If that were the case we’d never have had big December nor’easters with heavy snow but we do and with warmer waters.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah not really buying it. More just entertaining fodder before the real models come out. 

It does highlight some of the model guidance uncertainty though. We keep getting different variations of this storm. 

Yup…everything still on the table. We knew this would morph. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Not great though to see the 0z NAM continue with the trend of less southern stream involvement overall. But the southern stream may be more challenging to deal with then the northern stream really. Convection in the mid-south tomorrow and Sunday could have an influence on southern stream energy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Not great though to see the 0z NAM continue with the trend of less southern stream involvement overall. But the southern stream may be more challenging to deal with then the northern stream really. Convection in the mid-south tomorrow and Sunday could have an influence on southern stream energy. 

Definitely something to look for. 

• Like 1