Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s really not that impressive outside of the Berkshires and Western CT.

10:1 is also probably going to be more like 6-7:1 outside of those areas 

You guys look at clown maps way too much. The GGEM was about as classic as it gets for a pretty widespread heavy snow impact. The H5 was awesome, the midlevels were awesome. I certainly wouldn’t trust the GGEM’s lowest level thermals…prob one of the worst models for that (long with Ukie)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You guys look at clown maps way too much. The GGEM was about as classic as it gets for a pretty widespread heavy snow impact. The H5 was awesome, the midlevels were awesome. I certainly wouldn’t trust the GGEM’s lowest level thermals…prob one of the worst models for that (long with Ukie)

It seems like the GGEM H5 evolution is the best case scenario for most of SNE, bar none. Do you agree?

8 minutes ago, JoeSnowBOS said:

Lol - it’s called watching every meteo saying the same thing.   So it’s this forum vs those that forecast for a living 

They could be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time nor will it be the last. The stations I watched emphasized the high degree of uncertainty here, yes they are leaning towards a rainy solution but that could change depending on what the future guidance says. 

Just now, Henry's Weather said:

It seems like the GGEM H5 evolution is the best case scenario for most of SNE, bar none. Do you agree?

Yeah maybe…certainly close. Something like the NAM just a little further south would be pretty epic too.

Essentially what you’re going for if we’re trying for the unicorn is to get that midlevel flow out of the east before it warms above 0C and at the same time we’re turning the lower levels more NE with a stall somewhere south of the islands. You need an entirely closed upper level going underneath LI elongated east-west. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Away all day, so much to catch up.

One quick very favorable impression from 18z/0z runs... love that the ULL is now closing completely south of SNE on every single piece of guidance. That was not the case earlier today.

I think its related to scooter's appendage becoming less prominent.

• Haha 1

Just now, George001 said:

They could be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time nor will it be the last. The stations I watched emphasized the high degree of uncertainty here, yes they are leaning towards a rainy solution but that could change depending on what the future guidance says. 

Agree they have been wrong but they seem pretty sure it’s rain.   They did say things could change but not likely.   I hope they are wrong!