Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th Clipper Disco/Obs

Rjay

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Here just over an inch. 

Makes sense.  We had a west to NW wind during the snowfall.  We were so close to the edge where I am that I doubt we'd have seen any accumulations with that radar presentation had the winds been more northerly.  You were safely in the area of snowfall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

Beautiful outside with the snow hanging on everything. 

1.6 total here 

1.5" here on colder surfaces. Extremely heavy snow 2:30 in the morning -- HUGE flakes. It didn't stick to pavement, but yeah a beautiful postcard scene this morning with the trees and bushes coated with the wet snow. Nice little event. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Om TWC they showed airports and snowfall. None of the NYC ones.

My guess is CPK did get some snow but because of the measurement gaps it melted before they measured.

In the end 2.2 vs. 2.7 = terrible winters no matter what.

CPK bad at measuring but in this case likely too warm inside the city for 0.6

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

1.5" here on colder surfaces. Extremely heavy snow 2:30 in the morning -- HUGE flakes. It didn't stick to pavement, but yeah a beautiful postcard scene this morning with the trees and bushes coated with the wet snow. Nice little event. 

Yes it's very picturesque this morning. 

Would normally be a nice end of season event instead it's the 2nd biggest snowfall at a whopping inch or so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cfa said:

Very abrupt changeover between no/little snow to snow between exits 49 and 50 on Sunrise Highway. I thought you guys were lying lol.

It didn't start to snow here until after 2 am....and never accumulated on the roads or driveways.  More of that car topper roof topping stuff.  Every snowfall this season has been a coating, this ranks behind the late February and late December coatings but ahead of the January coating.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RU848789 said:

As of 4:15 am, the snow has essentially stopped and the radar looks like it's about done, so my final measurement is 1.6" of snow for the storm. It's beautiful outside right now, as it's a very pretty snow, sticking to everything, especially with light winds. Great snowball snow.

My guess is with temps around 33F here and not full coverage of paved surfaces, the roads will likely be fine by 6-7 am with the snow having stopped; areas well NW that are under 32F might have more issues.

Up to 3.85" on the season and wondering if Central Park will get the 0.7" they need to get to 2.9" to surpass 72-73's record of snow futility (2.8") - they should, based on radar history and reports I've seen, but they're notorious for undermeasuring snowfall.

0.1" for Central Park, I wonder what the airports got?  Should be around 0.3"