Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th Clipper Disco/Obs

Rjay

37 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Here comes the Nam

And yet the RGEM still has nothing. Really a strange situation to have one model showing 6 inch snows going across central NJ while another has absolutely nothing. HRRR kind of in the middle with a light snow event. Crazy to have a huge spread like this 24 hours before a potential event. It's hard for me to believe in an event when the RGEM isn't on board, since that model has been so good. I'm guessing the snowier models will be wrong, but you never know for sure. I'd love to see some snow tomorrow night. 

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

And yet the RGEM still has nothing. Really a strange situation to have one model showing 6 inch snows going across central NJ while another has absolutely nothing. HRRR kind of in the middle with a light snow event. Crazy to have a huge spread like this 24 hours before a potential event. It's hard for me to believe in an event when the RGEM isn't on board, since that model has been so good. I'm guessing the snowier models will be wrong, but you never know for sure. I'd love to see some snow tomorrow night. 

The RGEM is probably going to be wrong at this stage, especially across C-E PA...even the Euro at 18Z was bringing decent snows into N-C PA.  I'm still not confident on what happens E of there 

• Like 1

UKMET and Euro now have the narrow band of snow going across central NJ, but unlike the NAM they have light amounts (coating to 2 inches). If this happens I doubt it would be significant amounts like the NAM is showing. The NAM is probably just being its usual crazy terrible self. The other models look more reasonable with light amounts, and it could miss to the south.  

RGEM finally starting to show a little bit. Just a dusting to half inch for central NJ, but it's starting to catch on. NAM not surprisingly did lower amounts on the 12z run and has a light event now. Can hope HRRR is correct about getting a little more, but I doubt it. We'll be coming off warm temps this afternoon and it will take awhile for temps to get down close to freezing when the snow is falling late tonight. I would think we're looking at just a coating to an inch on colder surfaces. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

RGEM finally starting to show a little bit. Just a dusting to half inch for central NJ, but it's starting to catch on. NAM not surprisingly did lower amounts on the 12z run and has a light event now. Can hope HRRR is correct about getting a little more, but I doubt it. We'll be coming off warm temps this afternoon and it will take awhile for temps to get down close to freezing when the snow is falling late tonight. I would think we're looking at just a coating to an inch on colder surfaces. 

If the snow comes down heavier it will accumulate but the real question is how much moisture will be left as it downslopes. It’ll be moving too fast to really gather much from the Atlantic in time. I wouldn’t expect more than an inch anywhere in this sub forum. Central PA will do better. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If the snow comes down heavier it will accumulate but the real question is how much moisture will be left as it downslopes. It’ll be moving too fast to really gather much from the Atlantic in time. I wouldn’t expect more than an inch anywhere in this sub forum. Central PA will do better. 

I have never seen a clipper do much more than a dusting here, and often nothing comes of it. Clippers are all nowcasting as far as I'm concerned. It does get some people riled up when they hear the word snow, however.....this may be a case where Mercer sees something and Middlesex doesn't. That used to happen; people would drive in from Trenton and we'd be looking at them complaining about snow and wondering what the heck they were talking about.....