Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

27 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Light wind and 8" here, passing 33" at the stake.  Good accumulation despite small flakes and modest ratio.  At 4:30 there was <1/4" with lgt snow then S++ 5:30-7:15, probably 4" during that period.  Reported 4.7" with 0.44" LE at 7, another 3"+ since then, currently high-end moderate with vis. ~3/8 mile.  Was /8 mile at 7.

Deep deep snow

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Keep an eye just east and ne of ALB radar. Some curved banding there and some backfilling. Could be nice somewhere if it continues. 

Yeah it is starting to look interesting again.  I figured we were going to stay moderate and peter out early afternoon, but GYX did say heavier again early afternoon.  Maybe that happens and we get 12 and Jeff 18.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think many questioned the CCB as the gfs was the only one to really show it. That said, it’s about what I thought in NE Ma and SNH. 

I didn't see a lot of congrats Dendrite being tossed around for the CCB, it was always the eastern areas most likely to bag the goods.

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

This round is ending up better than I thought here. Pounding 

It's probably even a little farther south than I thought. I was expecting Kittery, but it's looking closer to the Merrimack.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I didn't see a lot of congrats Dendrite being tossed around for the CCB, it was always the eastern areas most likely to bag the goods.

It's probably even a little farther south than I thought. I was expecting Kittery, but it's looking closer to the Merrimack.

If you don’t mind another question for me, what’s going on around Albany? It does look like there’s another round coming of some. Perhaps heavier snow down there quarter mile moderate snow we’re getting now.

2 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Banding just exploded over e MA coast. Going bananas. Let's finish with some accums. 

RAP handling it pretty well. Just kind of melts the lift east over the next few hours. Best rates should be just on the cold side of this (since lift it probably maxed above this level). 

download.png?width=590&height=590&fit=bo

• Like 1