• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

Light wind and 8" here, passing 33" at the stake.  Good accumulation despite small flakes and modest ratio.  At 4:30 there was <1/4" with lgt snow then S++ 5:30-7:15, probably 4" during that period.  Reported 4.7" with 0.44" LE at 7, another 3"+ since then, currently high-end moderate with vis. ~3/8 mile.  Was 1/8 mile at 7.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah could be

was hoping it would hold together for just a little more, push my season total over the 15-16 total this winter is currently tied with, but no dice...if nothing else falls this season, tied as the worst winter snow wise in the recorded history going back to 1887, wow.

58 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

If anyones curious heres what i have so far, i have to wait a bit for more reports to role in and will refine it but this gives you an idea of some of the 30 or so reports that came in. 

2046515445_Screenshot2023-03-04082840.thumb.png.540a13e189089aef668ff34aeba85115.png

1.5" New Fairfield. Sleet for a good while, then rain/drizzle. Now back to snow.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TalcottWx said:

I'm still learning how Albany and okx radar actually work tbh. I have been hallucinating quite a bit because of the higher beam. It's a lot easier in Boston because BOX is closer and I stared at it 20 straight years. 

Pretty uniform area of moderate accumulating snow here that should continue another 3 hours maybe.  I should hit 10 although it is warm and not stacking efficiently.