• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

Holy shit!   18z NAM FOUS over Logan

18073978031 10117 980936 45009799  .73" in 0C, -3C, -1C at 980, 900 and 800 mb levels respectively. 36kt sustained!!
24054977913 -8321 940438 41009796  .54" in 0C, -3C, -4C at 980, 900 and 800 mb levels respectively. 38kt sustained!!

The open tarmacs if that goes over to pure snow would get close to verifying.

I haven't seen the synoptic charts just yet. This may be confined to just the coast...but those numbers there illustrate an upper moderate/low end major event. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Matches pretty well with BOX map.

1978868617_Screenshot(386).thumb.png.f1ee61caa9980969debb40463732396a.png

man, can I buy 60 miles! always amazed me just how different the weather can be in the northeast, only a few miles can determine a foot or 4" of snow, minus the big region wide KU events that get every in on the goods. Really noticed just how much when I moved to Winsted from Waterbury, avg like 30" more a year, and Norfolk probably gets a good 10" more than I, and I can walk there in about an hour or so... crazy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BostonWX said:

Pivotal NAM clown with 6-6.5 at BOS

50 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Don't understand that, as it has 10" for me and I'm SW of BOS by about 12 miles.  The Sat PM stuff is about as much as the initial thump here.

Yet the 18z GEFS has 14" for BOS and 5" here.  This stuff is laughable.

P&C for my area currently is 6-12; the issue here is a sharp qpf cutoff as temps should be fine. The 90/50/10% totals for Farmington are 5/9/17, a wide span for about 12 hours before first flakes.  However, just 65 miles north in Jackman those numbers are zero/3/7.  Would only take a relatively small wiggle to create a bust - in either direction.  I'm glad I worked with trees, as they tend not to move around as much as snowfall bands.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You just picture him in a steady state of decline, in a dimly lit room sweating profusely though his Starter pullover Bruins jacket, surrounded by empty 40s.....just hammering away on a chalkboard the length of the room lol

Glasses all crooked, discarded McDonald's bags everywhere, erasers down to the paper on the felt.

• Haha 1

As we enter the Nowcast time frame, the SPC Meso Analysis page shows a very potent / dynamic situation evolving & spreading eastward from OH on across northern PA and western/southern NY;  The 700 & 850 fronto & advection layout is impressive; big time omega profile... other than what appears to be somewhat of less than perfect lift through the main DGZ over parts of interior SNE and southern VT/NH, it's just a matter of where the taint occurs; but there is certainly significant room for a real thump in places...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deamplifying shortwaves + lack of antecedent cold air... not our first rodeo this winter... the higher snowfall vendor maps are laughable.

Still think we see a healthy thump ~midnight-5am that amounts to 2-4 inches in Boston metro area. 

This sounding is off the 3k NAM at 4am in metrowest... it's a narrow DGZ and we have to overcome some dry air in the hours before, but still should see good rates for several hours.

image.thumb.png.0161271d7a01d9642421c866f36f3f2b.png

Not much room for surprises. Best of a fleeting CCB will be northeast MA into coastal ME... ie., doubt it adds much for mby.

If anything, really poor BL temps (yes we wetbulb but how much) may shave accumulations within ~10 miles of coast even more.

I think Box map may bust in some areas... I'm skeptical areas inside 495 in northeast MA get to 8-12".

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Deamplifying shortwaves + lack of antecedent cold air... not our first rodeo this winter... the higher snowfall vendor maps are laughable.

Still think we see a healthy thump ~midnight-5am that amounts to 2-4 inches in Boston metro area. 

This sounding is off the 3k NAM at 4am in metrowest... it's a narrow DGZ and we have to overcome some dry air in the hours before, but still should see good rates for several hours.

Not much room for surprises. Best of a fleeting CCB will be northeast MA into coastal ME... ie., doubt it adds much for mby.

If anything, really poor BL temps (yes we wetbulb but how much) may shave accumulations within ~10 miles of coast even more.

I think Box map may bust in some areas... I'm skeptical areas inside 495 in northeast MA get to 8-12".

Agree 

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Yeah I’m not biting on any positive busts here. My guess is 2-3” front end here before the sleet and then we add another inch or two of crapola. 

But I’ll be keeping an eye on it tonight. If sleet holds off until like 9-10z, then we might pull off 4-6” on the front end  

• Like 1