• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/12 Potential Super Sloppy Bowl fumble with low scores possible!

midatlanticweather

1 minute ago, Chris78 said:

Definitely location dependant but I'd take my chances with the euro look being close to I-81 with almost 800 feet in elevation. 

For sure. Elevation will help a lot if we are relying on the low to pull down cold air. Track too, of course. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

It was 60 today and I didn't hate it at all.

Really tired of moderately chilly and dry, followed by mild rain though.

I sat outside this afternoon and soaked up sun. 

Cold air is wasted if all it does is torch a day later and it’s no different than spring 

55 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB 18Z EURO Control which I think tracks the deterministic at this range is an improvement,

C428558D-B0FF-4232-BE28-3E50BD55BDA5.png

I would lock this in and run.  This would be a huge win for places like Canaan Valley, which is where I go every weekend so yeah, bring it on.  Even gets a little snow in to Loudoun.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mappy said:

For sure. Elevation will help a lot if we are relying on the low to pull down cold air. Track too, of course. 

We’re in similar boats here so something to consider…even the good runs like that euro that shows 4-6” up here is likely way overdone. Surface is 34-35 at the coldest and I’m not sure how 4” of snow is gonna accumulate from 1.5” rain and a surface well above freezing. That strikes me as the kind of thing where a quick slushy coating could at times start to accumulate during heavy burts before being wiped out by rain. And that’s on the  better runs for us up here lol. Ya I know I’m a deb. 

• Like 1

I am NO deb. I say you guys are gonna pull out an unbelievable WIN right on the Superbowl! It's gonna get just cold enough for that snow to accumulate! It's gonna be wet as heck snow but it will pile up in some of the north and western communities! I am the ETERNAL OPTIMIST. The cold air can feel my optimism and you WILL get SNOW!

I got 7-8 inches of snow on March 31st 2014. Highest elevations around the area got 9-10. Dynamic system turned heavy rain into heavy snow. ULL really cooled the 850's and the storm went to town. Heavy snow for about 8 consecutive hours. Continued to snow until around midnight but by then temps rose a couple degrees and system kind of snowed itself out as best dynamics moved out of the region. Westminster got 4 with some reports of 6 in the highest hills. Hanover PA got 4-6. Hampstead just 4 miles down the road got 4-6. Reisterstown  1-2. Basically need to be 800 feet to see the best snows. This would've been a 12-18 inch storm if it weren't for so late in the season. Now with this upcoming storm on February 12th we're desperately struggling to match the set up of a storm that occurred 6 weeks later just about in Early April. Still possible someone gets very lucky on Sunday!

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic