Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That GFS run is forum nirvana.

From South Coast to Cape Code to PWM to BTV.

I mean I can’t think of a better forum wide run.

1B14075F-2457-4CEE-B975-E920538FA726.thumb.png.8fdca3e4b8d63988c9bf501b0eb8ec85.png

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Especially because there’s a relative min band right there at Ray’s

Ray to ASH gets porked. Lock it in. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’ve been burnt quite a bit after making posts like this, but man the upcoming pattern looks exciting. Better than anything we have seen all winter. I could be conservative and say “tamed down 2018, etc”, but fuck that! Extreme weather can and does happen, and there are signs that it’s coming on the models. Im calling for eastern Mass to finish the season with above normal snowfall, that’s how much snow I think we will get in March based on the recent guidance. Yes, there is a western trough but with the strong blocking expected to develop the SE ridge will be suppressed south with a broad conus trough in place. I’d rather we get cold and snow spread out throughout the winter with a snowpack built up, but it is what it is. If this pattern delivers to it’s potential it’s going to be one hell of a month.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

I’ve been burnt quite a bit after making posts like this, but man the upcoming pattern looks exciting. Better than anything we have seen all winter. I could be conservative and say “tamed down 2018, etc”, but fuck that! Extreme weather can and does happen, and there are signs that it’s coming on the models. Im calling for eastern Mass to finish the season with above normal snowfall, that’s how much snow I think we will get in March based on the recent guidance. Yes, there is a western trough but with the strong blocking expected to develop the SE ridge will be suppressed south with a broad conus trough in place. I’d rather we get cold and snow spread out throughout the winter with a snowpack built up, but it is what it is. If this pattern delivers to it’s potential it’s going to be one hell of a month.

He's Baaaaaaaaack!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think everyone is joking ..Only a very sick forum would look at that map and even mentioned porked . It’s about as uniform as you will ever see across New England lol

if you look at that map and think your porked, I’ll pay for your Uber to Bridgewater  

The joke is true… Ask an AMWX poster if they would blindly sign up for a foot and a half of snowfall over a wintry stretch, and the first question is “how much did other areas get?”

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, George001 said:

I’ve been burnt quite a bit after making posts like this, but man the upcoming pattern looks exciting. Better than anything we have seen all winter. I could be conservative and say “tamed down 2018, etc”, but fuck that! Extreme weather can and does happen, and there are signs that it’s coming on the models. Im calling for eastern Mass to finish the season with above normal snowfall, that’s how much snow I think we will get in March. Yes, there is a western trough but with the strong blocking expected to develop the SE ridge will be suppressed south with a broad conus trough in place. 

Weren’t you just posting no even 12 hours ago about how much rain was coming and that you were done with this winter? Now you’re back to your old ways with these neurotic posts. 
Get back on the bi-polar meds, George and quit posting crap like this until there’s multi model consensus inside of 3 days, please

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Weren’t you just posting no even 12 hours ago about how much rain was coming and that you were done with this winter? Now you’re back to your old ways with these neurotic posts. 
Get back on the bi-polar meds, George and quit posting crap like this until there’s multi model consensus inside of 3 days, please

Get lost dipshit, I never said winter was over. I said this winter has been snowless and mild, which it has. So I got excited about rain, because guess what, you can’t control the weather so you may as well enjoy the weather you get.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Btw, that making fun of mental illness nonsense was unnecessary. People actually struggle with that shit you know, it’s not a joke. Seriously, go fuck yourself for that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, George001 said:

Btw, that making fun of mental illness nonsense was unnecessary. People actually struggle with that shit you know, it’s not a joke. Seriously, go fuck yourself for that. 

It wasn’t meant to make fun of, it was a comparison. Please don’t bring out the PC crap and turn it into that. Take that stuff elsewhere 

• Sad 2
  • Weenie 5

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

It wasn’t meant to make fun of, it was a comparison. Please don’t bring out the PC crap and turn it into that. Take that stuff elsewhere 

I don’t think accusing someone of being bipolar and “off their meds” is a comparison. You are just being a dick for no reason because my posts annoy you, that’s it, and you used mental illness as an insult. What a bitch move pretending you were making a “comparison” rather than just being a dick because you don’t like my posts. Im with you on the anti PC thing though, so how about this? There is nothing I hate more than fake “tough guys” hiding behind a keyboard and talking shit. At the next GTG, you and me meet outside half an hour early and settle our differences with our fists. If you show up and win the fight, then maybe I’ll start listening to what you have to say. If not, I don’t ever want to see your miserable ass replying to my posts again. You don’t reply to my posts, and I won’t reply to yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, George001 said:

I don’t think accusing someone of being bipolar and “off their meds” is a comparison. You are just being a dick for no reason because my posts annoy you, that’s it, and you used mental illness as an insult. What a bitch move pretending you were making a “comparison” rather than just being a dick because you don’t like my posts. Im with you on the anti PC thing though, so how about this? There is nothing I hate more than fake “tough guys” hiding behind a keyboard and talking shit. At the next GTG, you and me meet outside half an hour early and settle our differences with our fists. If you show up and win the fight, then maybe I’ll start listening to what you have to say. If not, I don’t ever want to see your miserable ass replying to my posts again. You don’t reply to my posts, and I won’t reply to yours. 

So you’re so upset by an off your meds comment yet you want to use violence against me? Lol. This place really is great. 
This is just clogging everything up. Mods please delete all this nonsense, mine included. I’m done on this subject. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

So you’re so upset by an off your meds comment yet you want to use violence against me? Lol. This place really is great. 
This is just clogging everything up. Mods please delete all this nonsense, mine included. I’m done on this subject. 

I thought you were out of line, I strongly believe you should not say anything online to someone that you wouldn’t say to their face. If you freely go around telling people you don’t like to get back on their bi polar meds to their faces, you would probably get your face caved in.  

4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Haha now that you say it, sort of looks like his nightmare he talks about. Something like he’d rather get 6” if others get none, over maxes south and north while suffering to 18”.

No, my nightmare is like around a foot while most spots are 2'+. PD II, Dec 2003 and Jan 2022 the worst.