• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m seeing obs from you and other posters to the SW and I feel pretty uncomfortable here.

You are far enough N that you might get a decent thump of snow from first round?  It only started precipitating here at 2pm and we went sleet->snow->drizzle in under 3 hours with radar returns already lightening.  33/29 -RA now.   Per my friends in S VT and obviously Mitch there was not much snow, even at elevation.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If this keeps up I'll be calling the plow guy tomorrow morning.  Snow blower is down and I'm not shoveling this.

...awesome.

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Uhg, 33° rain after less than .5” snow.  
hope folks up north do OK but plenty of bust potential with forecast accumulations. 
Back edge or round one already racing in.

Oh. Not so awesome. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Steady light snow here about 7 miles north of the MA border

Just flipped to gritty slush snow here about 20 min ago.   Very quickly the roads turned gray and turning corners tries to tale a bit... It'll get slick in a hurry folks. 

33.   Some kind of S-/R- mixture at the exact moment though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Brutal gradient around Portland as usual, and we're starting off pretty warm. I'm expecting maybe 3-4" of slop.

Check out that gradient where Bretton Woods is. I'm guessing we get 4 inches, but Phin's area could get a foot. Attitash area actually didn't do too bad during the other storm. More snow than Bretton Woods. The plow piles along the side of the road just coming out of the Notch and around Attitash are larger than the Bretton Woods piles. This current map has the same gradient on it as the last storm so it makes me believe things will play out in the same manner. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Just flipped to gritty slush snow here about 20 min ago.   Very quickly the roads turned gray and turning corners tries to tale a bit... It'll get slick in a hurry folks. 

33.   Some kind of S-/R- mixture at the exact moment though.

Back to a very sleety snow. Can see the oscillations on CC. Rates are pretty still light up this way

20 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You are far enough N that you might get a decent thump of snow from first round?  It only started precipitating here at 2pm and we went sleet->snow->drizzle in under 3 hours with radar returns already lightening.  33/29 -RA now.   Per my friends in S VT and obviously Mitch there was not much snow, even at elevation.

Not home now but my girlfriend said roads are a mess and snowing hard... going down 202 was snowing pretty good and was slippery for me

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Check out that gradient where Bretton Woods is. I'm guessing we get 4 inches, but Phin's area could get a foot. Attitash area actually didn't do too bad during the other storm. More snow than Bretton Woods. The plow piles along the side of the road just coming out of the Notch and around Attitash are larger than the Bretton Woods piles. This current map has the same gradient on it as the last storm so it makes me believe things will play out in the same manner. 

I know it's been said a million times, but it seems like it's been forever since we had a straightforward SWFE with a nice cold airmass to start and fairly uniform snow amounts across the region. Glad that the ski areas are getting some help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shouldn’t you be naked on a bearskin rug , guzzling beers , instead of on a wx forum tracking rains?

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Locals talking at the bar about a big snow dump coming tonight. Seems like that might be in jeopardy.

radar looks like shit 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Get off the boards and get into drinking and  sex 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gonna have to wait until the good lift comes in. It’s slotty. 

Rays area into SE NH is counting on that 03z to 06z period where it just goes gangbusters for a few hours. We’ll see if that verifies enough to give several inches. 

• Like 1