Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 27th Miller B nor’easter threat

George001

3 hours ago, George001 said:

I get the frustration, I’m frustrated too. It sucks that Fridays storm is going to cut, but it is what it is. We got a lot of posters having big melts, myself included. There’s nothing wrong with expressing frustration, but there’s still 3 and a half months of winter left! Is this threat a slam dunk? No, but it’s a legitimate threat with a high ceiling. We track, then yes, it looks like a mild stretch is coming. However, we can get big snows in bad patterns especially in January, so the shades remain open. 

lol no

38 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

lol no

2nd half of December, Jan, Feb, and March. We’re heading into the 3rd week of December and the last week of March is very unfavorable, so I guess it’s more like 3 months of winter. Still,  the point remains. There is a lot of winter left, hell winter hasn’t even officially started yet (it starts tomorrow, December 21st). I know some people say on here March isn’t a winter month, but I strongly disagree with that. March is more favorable than December for massive blizzards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, George001 said:

2nd half of December, Jan, Feb, and March. We’re heading into the 3rd week of December and the last week of March is very unfavorable, so I guess it’s more like 3 months of winter. Still,  the point remains. There is a lot of winter left, hell winter hasn’t even officially started yet (it starts tomorrow, December 21st). I know some people say on here March isn’t a winter month, but I strongly disagree with that. March is more favorable than December for massive blizzards.

But who cares about snow in Morch…..It’tl be gone in 48 hours and by then who gives a shit about pack……pack building snows need to occur in December with the big boys in January and/or February……early February cuz by the end of February it’s pretty much cianara……I’m a big pack guy….you want deep pack wire to wire and lately it’s been pretty lol for that…..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ice1972 said:

But who cares about snow in Morch…..It’tl be gone in 48 hours and by then who gives a shit about pack……pack building snows need to occur in December with the big boys in January and/or February……early February cuz by the end of February it’s pretty much cianara……I’m a big pack guy….you want deep pack wire to wire and lately it’s been pretty lol for that…..

WeHa is not a snow pack area lol. You’ll need to move 150 miles north and off the valley floor.  

7 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Lately?  Like almost never....even in my youth.  1993-94 was close but nothing got rolling until around a week from now.  1995-96 but then the mega melt.  2010-11 for 6 weeks.  Wire to wire?  I've seen it in upstate NY but never in areas not prone to LES or upslope.  Places far enough north yes-but Hartford, CT?  A resounding LOL...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

If you're looking for wire to wire pack, it ain't happenin in West Hartford that's for sure! I spent several decades in Granby CT which is world's different snow-wise than West hartford. We rarely saw that even there. If you want any chance of having some kind of fairly consistent wire to wire in this area, you need to get up into like at least the granville/blanford Mass area. And even there, yeah it doesn't happen regularly

20 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Regardless of being in West Hartford, I'm actually about 12 miles west in Plainville. I would absolutely take a snowy march. It is true, we don't know. Normally have a deep pack situation where we are in the state, but we do get some good snows. So you may not want to get or care about getting snow in March, but much could be a very good month for snow as well. Not sure where we're talking about March when we're just in the third week of December lol. 

Just felt the need to reply to a ridiculous statement 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lately?  Like almost never....even in my youth.  1993-94 was close but nothing got rolling until around a week from now.  1995-96 but then the mega melt.  2010-11 for 6 weeks.  Wire to wire?  I've seen it in upstate NY but never in areas not prone to LES or upslope.  Places far enough north yes-but Hartford, CT?  A resounding LOL...

Wrong part of New England for a pack guy 

I do like snow around holidays and since I can’t ditch my entire family for snowier pastures , I’m gonna try and make some dayum snow 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Even ORH rarely goes wire to wire. Maybe 1970-71 they did…’95-96 came close….we survived the mega-melt with like an 8 inch glacier but the forgotten late Feb ‘96 torch did us in eventually. I think ‘60-61 pulled it off too. 

2000-2001 is another one…though consistent pack didn’t start until a little later around 12/20-12/21. 

Im not sure where he lives has ever done on the record book. I’d have to check the numbers. Maybe back when “snow up to thy knickers” was the phrase used they did it but that is long before official records began. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1