Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 27th Miller B nor’easter threat

George001

5 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah it seems to be all or nothing now. It’s too bad because with some better luck we might have gotten a few SWFEs and clippers in this pattern. I love blizzards, but it would be nice to get more smaller events in between when the pattern isn’t favorable for a big one. 

George.... I'm your biggest fan. 

Don't give up that enthusiasm and dream big!! Yes..we may not get those big storms that you might post about, but no harm no foul. 

And don't let anyone diminish your excitement ( but listen to what some of us have to say as it will only give you more wisdom as life goes on ). 

Happy holidays bud!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

George.... I'm your biggest fan. 

Don't give up that enthusiasm and dream big!! Yes..we may not get those big storms that you might post about, but no harm no foul. 

And don't let anyone diminish your excitement ( but listen to what some of us have to say as it will only give you more wisdom as life goes on ). 

Happy holidays bud!

Happy holidays, hopefully we get some better luck Jan-March. Jan will likely finish mild (+2 on the month at least) due to the blowtorch start, but those same blowtorch SSTs that are screwing us now might help us later on in the winter. In 2015 eastern mass got buried by 4 monster blizzards from late Jan to mid Feb, then the mid Atlantic got their turn mid Feb to mid March when the dominant storm track shifted south. Eastern mass was the bullseye that winter but even the Mid Atlantic areas got a decent winter. This isn’t 2019-2020 or 2011-2012 at all, interior areas like the Berkshires, Buffalo, northern Vermont ect are getting absolutely buried. The cold is there, we had some blocking and today’s storm was a goddamn beast, just ran inland so we warmed up and rained.

Although my December and (likely) week or 2 of Jan will end up being a massive bust, even if the first half of Jan is an absolute blowtorch (the first week probably will be, 2nd week could go either way) we still got the 2nd half of Jan, all of Feb, and 3 weeks of March (climo rapidly deteriorates after). You know what this reminds me of so far? 2012-2013. Dominant storm track was inland early in the winter, mild SSTS, but there were some warning signs that things would change later on (early blocking historically reloads and repeats later in the winter). January was an absolute blowtorch that year, but then the blocking reloaded and we got absolutely buried Feb and Mar. Feb 8th 2013 was the most extreme blizzard I’ve ever seen, and my area wasn’t even the jackpot! A bit over 2 feet of heavy wet snow, that’s insane. Normally to get those totals you need extremely high ratios and frigid temps, but this one was cold enough and absolutely loaded with QPF. That snowpack went nowhere, and then we got another severe blizzard in March that was forecast to be 2-4 inches before turning to rain, but never did! We got 2 feet of snow in what was the last big storm of the season, turning a slow staring mild winter into an epic one. I am convinced that all that moisture in what has been a wet winter will result in at least 1 severe blizzard in SNE later on when the blocking does reload and climo becomes more favorable. Peak blizzard climo in eastern mass is the first 2 weeks of Feb, with the 2nd half of Jan and 1st half or Mar being really good as well. 

• Weenie 1