Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 27th Miller B nor’easter threat

George001

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It's not a crap shoot....especially once they have some intensity. It determines where the forcing sets up to a large extent.

How can you determine position?  I mean 1994-95 was a robust very east based nino.  What tools do you use determine say equally robust but modoki or even full basin?

8 hours ago, weathafella said:

How can you determine position?  I mean 1994-95 was a robust very east based nino.  What tools do you use determine say equally robust but modoki or even full basin?

Location of the greatest SST anomalies in the crudest sense..you can also look at OLR and VP.

I have plenty on that in my outlooks.

But I don't mean to imply that there aren't exceptions...obviously nothing operates in a vacuum and there are other hemispheric drivers to consider, but ENSO structure is a key player assuming decent intensity. The position isn't as important for very weak events because obviously the forcing is weaker, thus the relationship is more diffuse.

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

Some possible flakes.... Yay!!! 

Kidding. Maybe a light Snow event

If you sharpen up the trough just a bit more, there could be a decent band of fronto snows…I think there’s too much work to do to get a legit major coastal storm, but there’s still a chance we could get a shovelable event. Low chance…but it’s still possible. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If you sharpen up the trough just a bit more, there could be a decent band of fronto snows…I think there’s too much work to do to get a legit major coastal storm, but there’s still a chance we could get a shovelable event. Low chance…but it’s still possible. 

Still a shot at some garbage inverted terd, too....can never entirely close the door on those things.

18 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I sent a little bitterness there lol 

I completely get it. It's like a mouse trying to reach for that tiny little crumb. Something will come our way.

Yea, I mean....I'm coming out of December with 1.5" given the pattern that just materialized....yhat is flat out sadistic, especially given how much the last several years have sucked here relative to other locales.

Anyway, still very much in on this season....happy holidays.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I mean....I'm coming out of December with 1.5" given the pattern that just materialized....yhat is flat out sadistic, especially given how much the last several years have sucked here relative to other locales.

Anyway, still very much in on this season....happy holidays.

Happy holidays to you as well. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Can we just get some SWFEs and clippers like the days of yore? It's like they aren't part of our climate anymore. 

Yeah it seems to be all or nothing now. It’s too bad because with some better luck we might have gotten a few SWFEs and clippers in this pattern. I love blizzards, but it would be nice to get more smaller events in between when the pattern isn’t favorable for a big one. 

• Weenie 1