Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 27th Miller B nor’easter threat

George001

13 minutes ago, George001 said:

Obviously it’s not a guarantee, but the blizzard talk isn’t “bullshit”. If the ridge doesn’t roll over, that would allow the intense northern energy phase with the southern energy. This setup has a strong high to to the north, the contrast between the high and low pressure if the storm phases would lead to intense winds as well as heavy snow. There absolutely is blizzard potential if things come together for this threat.

Blizzard is not a good word to use to describe a storm threat unless there is ample evidence that blizzard conditions are likely. Not every coastal nor Easter is a blizzard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Blizzard is not a good word to use to describe a storm threat unless there is ample evidence that blizzard conditions are likely. Not every coastal nor Easter is a blizzard. 

I’ve been trying to tell him that but he ain’t listening 

34 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

I’ve been trying to tell him that but he ain’t listening 

He’s drunk with juice of the Blizzard Gods…everything is a Blizzard to young George.  Poor kid is the spawn of James…just the love of blizzards is increased exponentially in this offspring.   And we thought James was enthusiastic….:weenie:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this is the view I'm taking on this. Unlikely to occur, but there's enough potential that keep half an eye on it and see if the ridge improves a bit or the spacing between the main shortwave and the PV.

looks like the EPS improved on this... seems like a bit more interaction between the S/W and the TPV? might be due to the slightly stronger block

ezgif-1-802fed2b40.thumb.gif.063dc1f21741fdcc102ec368e92e3f88.gif

ezgif-1-5ca96648b0.thumb.gif.953d5ab7d2003c2a23c332123a2a59b5.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

imagine tracking potential weather on a weather forum. crazy stuff, I know

it's a longshot, but there's nothing in the pipeline for like two weeks, so why not look at it

I agree. Thanks for posting and explaining what you see. Love your posts..I always learn something from them. We all know it’s a long shot at this juncture, but as you said, not much else currently to look at.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Weenies giving up too early

Never learn 

Everybody wants to bust balls, and be comedians…sometimes it gets a bit much.

Most everybody gets it’s not very likely currently, everybody except(self admittedly)George. But I mean when an ensemble run from a major league model is posted, it improves some and is explained by a pro, that’s what this place is “supposedly” all about.  

So we keep one eye open for a bit more. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

imagine tracking potential weather on a weather forum. crazy stuff, I know

it's a longshot, but there's nothing in the pipeline for like two weeks, so why not look at it

This is true... its just the thread starters phrasing and extreme exuberance that causes the nails on a chalkboard response to the.... threat

• Like 2

Just now, UnitedWx said:

This is true... its just the thread starters phrasing and extreme exuberance that causes the nails on a chalkboard response to the.... threat

Yup, agreed.

But sometimes we gotta be the adults in the room, if the thread starter is a lil adolescent at times.  There is some potential(not to the point that George thinks) here, so we watch for any positive developments and that’s all at this point.  

• Like 1