• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This is what I was told by an Eversource friend. 70k is modeled mean worst case is 250k

I just saw this on Reddit from a CT lineman. 

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of power companies throughout the US right now, hitting the emergency button due to the weather in their respective areas. From Illinois all the way to Rhode Island and north, hundreds of power companies are snagging all the traveling lineman, nationwide, leaving Eversource short-staffed. The usual crews Eversource would get from Texas and alabama and Canada, are now going to Michigan and New York and other states and even staying back in Canada to work on their own system. 

Mark my words, if this number reaches to 380,000, I promise you it will not be a 3 day restoration timeframe. It will be a week or more.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Holy smokes…what ridiculous hype by Eversource.   What a joke. 

If I was them I'd do the same. 125k is not a crazy outage number for CT.

They have to file the "Level 4" with PURA before the storm and they had a really hard time as it is getting crews in from outside because this storm was so expansive. Seems like a reasonable worst case scenario to me. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of power companies throughout the US right now, hitting the emergency button due to the weather in their respective areas. From Illinois all the way to Rhode Island and north, hundreds of power companies are snagging all the traveling lineman, nationwide, leaving Eversource short-staffed. The usual crews Eversource would get from Texas and alabama and Canada, are now going to Michigan and New York and other states and even staying back in Canada to work on their own system. 

Mark my words, if this number reaches to 380,000, I promise you it will not be a 3 day restoration timeframe. It will be a week or more.

We week 

• Like 1

Just now, CT Rain said:

If I was them I'd do the same. 125k is not a crazy outage number for CT.

They have to file the "Level 4" with PURA before the storm and they had a really hard time as it is getting crews in from outside because this storm was so expansive. Seems like a reasonable worst case scenario to me. 

No, but 380,000 is. I was talking about the numbers…that’s just totally ridiculous. But hype sells and gets attention I guess.  I guess they can justify it however they can/want?  

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

No, but 380,000 is. I was talking about the numbers…that’s just totally ridiculous. But hype sells and gets attention I guess.  I guess they can justify it however they can/want?  

No. The numbers are hard coded into their matrix. So a Level 4 event is by definition 125-380k outages. It's not hype it's completely reasonable. 

eversource.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

No. The numbers are hard coded into their matrix. So a Level 4 event is by definition 125-380k outages. It's not hype it's completely reasonable. 

eversource.PNG

I understand that they won't go up a pole in gusts 30 or greater.  So if you go out tonight, they won't even start your repair until some time on Saturday.  

• Like 1

exclusively IP/SN here now, nice little coating of ice snow on the deck... getting to the eversource situation, I am pretty pissed at them for years now, justifying hiking rates especially after 2011, with Irene then the snow storm, and just found out distribution rates are going to be going up almost 40% if not more, and I believe it was that tropical storm last year or year before that came racing up and knocked out power to a couple hundred thousand people, us being one, without power for days, but I still see many many limbs that are overhanging major trunk lines still not trimmed, but there is no other option than to spend 20k and get solar, off grid, because if you tie into the grid, they can shut it down without warning if say the grid is being overloaded, like they are doing in Australia now, and not telling customers so they think they will be fine, until they realize the utility company, from government orders, disconnected the solar on their house, crazy.

48 minutes ago, BrianW said:

several weeks for some