Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

10 hours ago, keviepoo said:

Hello folks... my name is Kevin Carter and I have lurked here for a couple years... just enjoying the banter, insults, prognostications, delusions, sophisticated analysis and the ever present shit thrown up against the wall.  A friend of mine and I started a weather enthusiast group on Facebook a couple years ago... Storm Team LOCO (like loco crazy)... and our group blew up to 27k members... full disclosure... I have no clue what I'm talking about... I'm just one of those clueless weather map animation idiots.  Thanks for all the entertainment folks... I really enjoy reading it all.

Welcome to the MA forum! We have many... uhhh... characters here that you will get to know. And I am being diplomatic! Then again I am not one to talk haha! Sounds like you will fit in. It's just too bad you joined the year after the Reaper, @WxWatcher007, retired and closed the Panic Room. That was a fun place to vent despair and for depressed weenies to find a safe place to jump and take their weenie souls to the great beyond! @Ji had an annual reservation in the penthouse suite there. 

But seriously, this is a good group here with some highly knowledgeable people. We all have learned to just laugh at our tendency for failure on snowstorms and try not to take ourselves too seriously! But the discussions are always informative and entertaining. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, gymengineer said:

It did snap back for a cold, active period from late March into early April. Too late in the calendar for much road sticking, but there were 3 accumulating snow events nevertheless all the way down into urban areas, including one in April. IAD recorded 10.4” in March and April. 

With temps so marginal, though, a repeat of that pattern probably wouldn’t result in all 3 events having snow in the urban corridor today. 

Don’t think I’ve seen you posting recently. Good to see it. Hope all is well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

A snowman19 sock seemingly- this moron has also been around shitting up threads for years.

I became familiar with him pooping in the tropical thread.  Don't think I remember seeing him around here before.  I find it difficult to understand the psychology of habitually showing up on message boards just to annoy people.  I mean multiple years.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Don’t think I’ve seen you posting recently. Good to see it. Hope all is well.

Thank you so much! I did tiptoe into some of the hurricane threads from September onward.

I was already posting less year to year because of life stuff, but I think winter 20/21 kind of broke me. Don’t remember if there was a thread that diagnosed why short term modeling sucked so much that winter. We endured so many WSW’s that busted. Even what was going to be the biggest snow turned into a sleet bomb hours before but there was not even a sleet bomb because the QPF busted while the event was occurring. 

I hope all’s well with you too. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Welcome to the MA forum! We have many... uhhh... characters here that you will get to know. And I am being diplomatic! Then again I am not one to talk haha! Sounds like you will fit in. It's just too bad you joined the year after the Reaper, @WxWatcher007, retired and closed the Panic Room. That was a fun place to vent despair and for depressed weenies to find a safe place to jump and take their weenie souls to the great beyond! @Ji had an annual reservation in the penthouse suite there. 

But seriously, this is a good group here with some highly knowledgeable people. We all have learned to just laugh at our tendency for failure on snowstorms and try not to take ourselves too seriously! But the discussions are always informative and entertaining. 

Thanks for the welcome and preface... lol... just so you guys know where I am coming from... our tag line at Storm Team LOCO is...  "Storm Team LOCO... wishcasting you can trust".  By the way... LOCO originally meant Loudoun County VA... then my buddy and I decided... LOCO (as in crazy) was a more accurate abbreviation.  Now... back to your regularly scheduled disco.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, keviepoo said:

Thanks for the welcome and preface... lol... just so you guys know where I am coming from... our tag line at Storm Team LOCO is...  "Storm Team LOCO... wishcasting you can trust".  By the way... LOCO originally meant Loudoun County VA... then my buddy and I decided... LOCO (as in crazy) was a more accurate abbreviation.  Now... back to your regularly scheduled disco.

Your concept is basically weather wishcasting by weenies FOR weenies? I freaking love it!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CAPE said:

A snowman19 sock seemingly- this moron has also been around shitting up threads for years.

Remind me to look into it next week. Dance recital tomorrow with dress rehearsal tonight so I’ve been living at the dance studio. lol

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

It would be nice if the usual suspects would dissect why the GFS did what it did instead of hammering home why it won't happen but.....we all got a role to play here i suppose

Weaker ULL and redonkulous blocking produces a very unusual solution. It can happen, but wonky for obvious reasons. I’d like to see that solution after this New England weekend storm gets blown up offshore. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

I'm hoping that this storm doesn't end up like Brazil in the WC

As a North American sports fan who did not grow up with Soccer, I'm conflicted about the whole concept of penalty kicks.  I really like how soccer really embraces the concept of a tie as a realistic and reasonable outcome: not everything in life is a clear cut win or loss.  Ties seem to disgust and almost enrage NA sports fans.  Since the NFL has gone to the current overtime rules ties have become exponentially more common and I have a real fear that backlash against the more common tie will lead to the NFL adopting something like the NCAA format, which I dislike.

Of course in a knockout tournament you can't have ties because SOMEONE has to move forward to the next round.  But it sucks to see 90+ minutes of game decided on just a small facet of the game itself.  I can 't think of any better alternative though.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic