Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Banter 2022

George BM

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

@H2O 

first, you're old. our avatars are different seasons all together

second, yes that meme is spot on

I know they are different seasons, silly.  One is fall, the other spring.  

My issue is they both have blue and white triangle/pyramid shape thingies in them so it throws me off sometimes.  And I'm cranky.  Its chilly and my spleen is saying there might be sleet coming.  Krobus might have a potion to help.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, H2O said:

I know they are different seasons, silly.  One is fall, the other spring.  

My issue is they both have blue and white triangle/pyramid shape thingies in them so it throws me off sometimes.  And I'm cranky.  Its chilly and my spleen is saying there might be sleet coming.  Krobus might have a potion to help.

krobus has everything! 

• Like 1

Got a three-day blizzard underway out at the Wyoming homestead, making the tracking of the Thursday morning threat here a lot more bearable. Not going to cash in as much as the Wyo/SD border areas probably will, but I'm still expecting well over a foot, with 7-8" already down. Nearby traffic cam on I-90, which I imagine isn't going to stay open too much longer. 

Fj31fDkUcAEe_hn?format=png&name=large

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If one particular poster didn't post, that other poster would not have had the chance to reply. Doesn't take much to get an avalanche started. :lol:

I'm going to screenshot his post then put it on Jays Wintry Mix on FB and say that i saw this on another site and this guy knows his stuff and it looks like winter is over. Start a mass panic on his FB page lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

So, a few weeks ago, I was thinking DC would get into some real winter weather action. I mean, smart folks here were honking a Miller A in a Nina pattern! I became concerned because if a real winter pattern develops it could affect my flight in mid-January to Orlando to catch a long-awaited cruise at Port Canaveral with friends from West Palm Beach.

Now my concern is that the weather will be warmer in DC than in the Carribean.

• Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

it's plenty representative of the 2 million+ people that live inside the beltway.  I would hear the same nonsense about KNYC (Central Park) being a joke.  It's the station for NYC, not your random suburb.

Sorry…but you’re not going to convince me that DCA is a fair representation of the weather that takes place generally outside of downtown DC and the immediate urban-ish areas of Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax Counties.

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

To make a baseball analogy…going into a good pattern like this is kinda like having the bases loaded with nobody out and you’re 4-5 hitters coming up. Let’s say they hit a sac fly and an infield single that gets in 2 runs. In the micro that’s fine. They did ok. Then your bottom of the lineup strikes out.  Later the heart of the lineup comes up with 2 on and again they manage to get one run in. In the micro fine. But at the end of the game when you lose 5-3 you look back on that and realize you needed a 3 run homerun or a base clearing double somewhere in there.   I’m fine with singles as long as once in a while we get that home run. Or at least a double!  

Thank you for summing up the Cleveland Guardians so well! :lol: (But seriously they had a great season so I cannot complain.) 

Or to use a football analogy, something my brother said years ago when the Browns had Bernie Kosar. He joked about the typical "Kosarian drive"... 85 yards, chew up 10 minutes on the clock...and settle for a field goal! :lol:

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic