• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December Banter 2022

George BM

Got back from smith mtn last night and should be in Rockville until the holiday week kicks off. 

I bought an inexpensive planking mill for my chainsaw and took it to some oaks and pines. It will make your arms strong but oh man is it addicting. This white oak log is 12' long and 14" dia. Heartwood reveal cut really got me. 

Screenshot_20221209-162752_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221209-162409_Gallery.jpg

• Like 12

Snippet from Mount Holly AFD. They don't have a clue what's going to transpire later this week and aren't afraid to admit it. Love it.

Guidance has grown more inconsistent regarding the next system expected to affect our weather later in the week. This is likely due in part to uncertainty regarding movement of blocking systems ahead of it, similar to what occurred at the end of this present week. 12Z GFS now suppresses the entire system to our south, keeping us dry and chilly. GGEM is fastest of all, spreading precip across the region Wednesday night through Thursday, with low pressure slowly pushing to our northeast Friday. ECMWF is slowest, holding precip back until later Thursday and holding it around through Friday. For this reason, held pops back somewhat, keeping them capped at low end likely, with the highest odds of precip being late Thursday. Enough cold air may persist from our strong high to the north to result in some onset wintry mix, but odds still favor a change to rain for most. However, this system`s outlook is in a considerable state of flux, so its something we`ll be watching closely over the next few days. GGEM and ECMWF do both share the theme of developing a strong, coast-hugging low pressure which could bring heavy rain and gusty winds, perhaps some coastal flooding, so its a system to keep plenty of eyes on...to say nothing of the 6Z GFS`s snowy depiction. Lots of uncertainty on this one, to say the least.

• Like 2

I never post my mug on the net but my wife took this pic and it's just awesome. Between being blurry, ambiguous, and whacky 1948 context... this is a good one to drop my guard on

Tractor is a 1948 Ford 9N. I've become really good friends with a Vietnam vet who lives full time on a 15 acre tract down the rd. He loves when I run these old machines. There's a 1k lb box blade dragging behind the tractor grading the drive just out of the pic. Life is a trip man. I never saw any of this coming just 7 months ago. Just wild. 

Screenshot_20221209-164528_Messages.jpg

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

If the EURO depiction actually verified... I'd do it. Not how I intended to use the vacation fund, but a good 2' of snow in December would be pretty nice. 

Depending on the exact track/setup, the upslope may be higher than snow from the coastal as its passing our latitude.  Ratios would be better too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Depending on the exact track/setup, the upslope may be higher than snow from the coastal as its passing our latitude.  Ratios would be better too.

If it comes to it, I'll be shooting you a DM for ideas. I'm not too picky, but between my own bad decisions/poor vacation timing I haven't seen more than 8" of snow at once since 2016... I'm pretty sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stormtracker said:

It’s 10:49pm here in Thailand, I’m at a club and shooing my friend away because I’m in a f*cking corner watching the GFS come out. 

What’s wrong with us? 

Enjoy Thailand.  Lived there for nearly 3 years until 13 years ago.  Their hospitality is something we just don't get in the US.  We lived in Bangkok near Lumphini Park.  Worth the visit if you have time early in the morning or early evenings to see everyone out getting exercise.  You'll see throngs of people by the hundreds exercising together.  Enjoy the food too - we miss it there immensely.   Tried to PM you but your account is locked.    hehe.  

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens cut Mike Davis, activate JK Dobbins. Will we finally have Gus and JK in the backfield at the same time, with Ronnie Stanley at LT? Bring that shiz.

And please stay healthy for the remainder of the season. Let's see what we can do with a decent O-line and starting backfield despite our inept passing game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H2O said:

My Xmas wish is for everyone to stop replying to Ji, quoting Ji and/or Ldumb as well. 

Everyone: “If he annoys you, just use the ignore feature!”

Me: Cool! *ignores Ji*

Everyone: *continues to quote every stupid thing the troll posts*

What, I ask, is the point of the ignore feature when I have to read everything ignored users post anyway?

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic