Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, MacChump said:

sure…it’s uncanny…same type of memes, same very scissor-like tendencies…what’s your favorite beer?

Scissor-Like, you’ll have to educate me on that one.

In my recent years, less beer, more Basil Hayden

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

:cry:

I was quite excited to have the house to myself tomorrow with only a half day to “work”.

If the power goes, you might not have to "work" anyhow!!  But seriously, I really hope power doesn't go tomorrow, and if so that the worst it does is cut in and out now and then for only brief moments.

1 hour ago, Roger Ramjet said:

I have a log home in the very northwestern part of Loudoun County (between the hills) off of Harpers Ferry Road at 725'. My great room ceiling is 24' high and I heat with my wood stove whenever possible. My wall of windows faces west and I will get slammed with this frontal passage and will probably loose power - happens often. 75% of what I burn is black locust. When it gets cold, I really have to crank the wood stove to keep my propane furnace from coming on.

Roger - (my brother's name)  Sounds like a great setup you have there with your cabin etc.  On the black locust, I burn the same.  Lost several black locust in a wind storm about 10 years ago.  Always thought oak and walnut were hard to beat, but after burning locust now over many seasons it's hard to beat.  Burns hot and for a long time with minimal popping.  Of course it was dried for several years after being split, so it is extremely dry and dare I say provides about the ideal combination of burn rate, heat and minimal smoke..  Its hardness is at the top of the scale for N. American trees, which contributes to its high btu output.  

Best of luck if you do lose power.  We will likely lose it too.  We're only 1/2 mile outside the Vienna city limits, but our power goes out a lot when it gets windy.  The saturated ground and forecast winds tomorrow are probably going to inflict some wide-spread outages.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Now thinking about heading to playa del carmen for MLK weekend.  Surest sign yet that early Jan is going to suck.

LOL!!  By the way I was going to reply on a comment you made the other day, when someone showed one model's radar simulation with the rain/snow in a near-perfect straight line north-to-south over Ohio.  You said something like "Even snow doesn't want to go to Ohio!"  Too damned lazy to go find the exact post...but as a native Ohioan, I found your comment particularly funny!!  Now, not to get overly controversial or political here, but I will say I AGREE!!  My home state has gone cuckoo nutterville in a lot of ways over the years, and I just shake my head!!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic