Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

15 hours ago, jaydreb said:

Any car experts?  Have a 2020 Honda Odyssey.  Tried to start it tonight and nothing.  All lights and accessories work fine.  Won’t take a jump.  Push button ignition if that matters.  

I am visiting relatives in NW Pennsylvania where the temps got down to -6 last night.  Maybe it’s just too cold for it to start.  

My first thought would be battery if you're going on 3 years, but I would think it would take a jump.  Otherwise, could be several things.  My jeep is closing in on 120k miles so I'm always concerned in this weather (e.g., my a/c fan is getting squeaky lately).  I did replace the spark plugs, but I'm getting to the age of starter/alternator issues (still don't think any of those would be an issue on a 2020).  Regardless, sounds like it's related to the cold, so could be a fuse or clogged line.

• Thanks 1

I just want to wish a Merry Christmas to my weather weenie friends here. We are holding off our celebration for our son who is in the Navy and gets leave on the 28th. Amazing how his sister insisted on the wait. I am blessed with amazing children, grandchildren and an amazing life. I pray for all to have the same blessings. Happy holidays friends. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I just want to wish a Merry Christmas to my weather weenie friends here. We are holding off our celebration for our son who is in the Navy and gets leave on the 28th. Amazing how his sister insisted on the wait. I am blessed with amazing children, grandchildren and an amazing life. I pray for all to have the same blessings. Happy holidays friends. 

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Thank you to your son for his service and to your family for the sacrifice. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Lol that long range thread....talk about using it as your psychiatric venting platform....:hurrbear:

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Buncha amateurs. I created the futility thread 5 years ago and it remains my secret place to vent...

January’s gonna be rockin’

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2022 at 10:30 PM, psuhoffman said:

Merry Christmas 

0XaMo5I.jpg

On 12/24/2022 at 10:52 PM, cbmclean said:

Is there a 50/50 low in any of those packages?

There could be a 50/50 low but the placement is not ideal for us to get snow here.  If you look, the location of the tree (which will deposit our 50/50) is too close to the curtained window on the right, which makes the spacing too tight.  The shelf above the fireplace is also too flat, which does not allow much room for digging.  And the fireplace!  Now there's our problem.  It's pumping heat into the entire scene, and until we can get rid of that Pac Puke, I'm afraid our chances of any sustained snow window relies solely on good luck.  However, just to prove I'm not a total pessimist, the snowman and Santa Clause shortwave there in the southwest corner looks like it could be a sneaky event.  I've seen situations like that before and they produce some good snow, even in DC.  Not a HECS, but enough to make most everyone here happy.  Except for Ji, of course.  Now, for some even better news going forward.  Near the edge of the left side of the picture (beyond where our snowman/Santa chance is), you'll see a hint of a coat rack with a coat there. That vortex is gradually shifting west which would allow the fireplace Pac Puke to also shift west and result in more buckling of the flow.  Once that happens, we'll be in for a more favorable period.  It will also shorten the distance between the two stockings and the "H" over the fireplace, which gives us several opportunities.  But we have to exercise patience, something that's sorely lacking in this forum.  But I do expect a better pattern that can produce.  Can things go wrong?  Sure, that snowman/Santa wave could just get squashed and we get nothing followed by a period of crap.  The coat rack and coat might not move far enough out of the picture to allow for a favorable wave train.  In which case, we should close the blinds until next Christmas when I set up the tree again.  But in all honesty, I don't expect that worst case scenario to happen.  Indications are that the progression I described above are already in motion. :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

There could be a 50/50 low but the placement is not ideal for us to get snow here.  If you look, the location of the tree (which will deposit our 50/50) is too close to the curtained window on the right, which makes the spacing too tight.  The shelf above the fireplace is also too flat, which does not allow much room for digging.  And the fireplace!  Now there's our problem.  It's pumping heat into the entire scene, and until we can get rid of that Pac Puke, I'm afraid our chances of any sustained snow window relies solely on good luck.  However, just to prove I'm not a total pessimist, the snowman and Santa Clause shortwave there in the southwest corner looks like it could be a sneaky event.  I've seen situations like that before and they produce some good snow, even in DC.  Not a HECS, but enough to make most everyone here happy.  Except for Ji, of course.  Now, for some even better news going forward.  Near the edge of the left side of the picture (beyond where our snowman/Santa chance is), you'll see a hint of a coat rack with a coat there. That vortex is gradually shifting west which would allow the fireplace Pac Puke to also shift west and result in more buckling of the flow.  Once that happens, we'll be in for a more favorable period.  It will also shorten the distance between the two stockings and the "H" over the fireplace, which gives us several opportunities.  But we have to exercise patience, something that's sorely lacking in this forum.  But I do expect a better pattern that can produce.  Can things go wrong?  Sure, that snowman/Santa wave could just get squashed and we get nothing followed by a period of crap.  The coat rack and coat might not move far enough out of the picture to allow for a favorable wave train.  In which case, we should close the blinds until next Christmas when I set up the tree again.  But in all honesty, I don't expect that worst case scenario to happen.  Indications are that the progression I described above are already in motion. :D

I like the look in the tree skirt domain

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Pretty disappointing bust up this way for that storm in northern Maryland. Like. almost nothing kinda bust. But glad you all got to experience that one. Probably helps now with patience. 

Yeah that is true. And I actually missed it, was up in Ohio for New Year's and drove back that very day of the storm! LOL! So got back home right after it was done. I literally drove through the snow gradient going south on I-270, from nothing to a dusting, to couple inches and finally 6 inches or so at my place. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic