Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

I’m in London and about to go to work, but there are many on here who will give you hundreds of reasons of why it won’t snow east of that low and even when there is a cold air mass preceding. Of course, you probably know all of those reasons but are just in deep psychological denial.

I’ll concede that it’s rare, but it can happen. Not only is there a frigid air mass preceding we also have strong North Atlantic blocking in place to lock it in. We have a frigid airmass, strong North Atlantic blocking, and a bombing low in the 960s. The Euro has it snowing well east of the low, and I read somewhere that the superstorm in March 1993 running inland. Yet Boston still got around a foot in that storm, despite being east of the low track. In my opinion if the EPS is right about the setup (big if to be fair), it will snow east of the low. 

George001, Slow down buddy. You're getting way out ahead of your skies. Odds of verification <10%.

There's about 30 model runs before it should be taken seriously. Strong signal, yes but all your doing is setting yourself up for a let-down.
Read more, play the devil's advocate, ask self what could go wrong? Play it conservatively till it's inside D5.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, George001 said:

I love this look, most of those lows are in the 970s and 960s, with even one in the 940s! I don’t even care that most of them are huggers or run inland a bit, when the airmass is that cold and the low is that strong, I don’t see why it cant snow east of the low.

I care.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

George……STFU!  You speak utter NONSENSE.  You don’t seem to learn anything.  Your posts are ridiculous and add nothing to the discussion.  I was hoping to see some rational posts this morning, and all I see is your junk. :axe::axe::axe:

Somebody Five post this lunatic.  

Chapter 5: The George Situation.

wolf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

nothing quite says snow like screaming 40 mph winds off the 50 degree ocean

I’m trying to think of ways to debunk that but I can’t. Goddamn it man, you just debunked all those posts I made about it snowing east of the low with one sentence. Hell, that even explains why my March 1993 example doesn’t apply, the ocean temps are much warmer than they are in March. I’ll admit it, I was wrong to not be concerned about the track of the storm. To be fair, in my defense the Euro did show snow east of the 960mb low in Central PA even if it wasn’t for my area. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, George001 said:

I’m trying to think of ways to debunk that but I can’t. Goddamn it man, you just debunked all those posts I made about it snowing east of the low with one sentence. Hell, that even explains why my March 1993 example doesn’t apply, the ocean temps are much warmer than they are in March. I’ll admit it, I was wrong to not be concerned about the track of the storm. To be fair, in my defense the Euro did show snow east of the 960mb low in Central PA even if it wasn’t for my area. 

Just don’t get out over your skis - your obviously a snow enthusiast like myself. Just take in the experience of the meteorological minds here more. Sure post - that’s why we all are here - but don’t let your snow goggles color the truth.

• Like 2

Just now, cut said:

Just don’t get out over your skis - your obviously a snow enthusiast like myself. Just take in the experience of the meteorological minds here more. Sure post - that’s why we all are here - but don’t let your snow goggles color the truth.

And I hope we get feet of snow too!!!

9 minutes ago, George001 said:

Please. Stop posting for a while. And read more and try to learn a few things.  It’s for your own good. Then return with some decent posts. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, George001 said:

Just to help you out a little here...find the triple point in that map you posted. That'll show you where your warm conveyor/sector is. The cold front is through Philly by that point. They're just in some backside/ULL snows with CAA from the SW.

• Thanks 1

One thing that has been nice to see (dare I ginx it ) is the progression of the 500 mb anomalies on EPS /GFS and in particular the trough diving into N Rockies and moving *SE* and not seeing lower heights ooze SW toward 4 corners states . This is a look I like overall a good amount *and confidence has increased * let’s see it hold on 48 more hrs and lock-it in 

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

George……STFU!  You speak utter NONSENSE.  You don’t seem to learn anything.  Your posts are ridiculous and add nothing to the discussion.  I was hoping to see some rational posts this morning, and all I see is your junk. :axe::axe::axe:

Somebody Five post this lunatic.  

Melt :frostymelt: