• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

Yeah... that frontal drape from NE Pa to CNE by late Sunday and particularly into Monday is being introduced by guidance. 

The Euro is more discrete with any convective responses, where the GFS is a smeared miasma of QPF... but synoptically, it's all the same really.

Anyway, have to see how that evolves over the weekend - it matters for hydro deficits.  But a modest polar high scooting E of Ontario in both those guidance between Sun-Tues should suppress that boundary S in time..   Sunday may be 85+ in a quick dose of heat ...then Monday we crackle and down pour in a few lucky locales in between more clouds suppressing warmth.  Then end up a for a day or two in a cooler easterly flow despite the 850s still torching overhead, mid week. 

That's what the synopsis looks like for now...   Hot pattern ...cheating to find a way to be normal and may slight below even.  Ha.  You wouldn't guess it if rip-and-read the charts. These are evidence through the discrete analysis.. .and, are likely to change anyway - just for now.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Upgraded the fabled east slopes of the Greens.  Green as can be but ground water is low.

Saw Stowe saw the daily 0.13” in the past 24 hours.

Nice to see Taunton area recognized and downgraded.

61/48 currently in Hyde Park and some sprinkles around.  It almost feels like it should be July 4 or Christmas Eve.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

i love this stat

Oh for that matter ... transition seasons are becoming increasingly blurred anyway.    Snowing on Halloween so frequently, and then onward to a fast sheared flow in Jan and Feb that is largely, consistent pattern prohibitive, pretty much means that Autumn begins at the end of September and ends on April 1

• Weenie 1

42 minutes ago, klw said:

61/48 currently in Hyde Park and some sprinkles around.  It almost feels like it should be July 4 or Christmas Eve.

Yeah I see MVL has been bouncing around 57-64F depending on solar the past two hours.  Lots of variation in the 5-min temps.

59F at 12:30pm and 61F at 1:30pm.  Dews of 44F.

That’s some legit fall-like airmass.

I have 74F and low humidity in NE CT.

BDAE277D-9F6C-4E1C-A162-E273B86C6EA8.gif.c786b44af1efb042984b84dd2e00b705.gif