Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Lots of 2"+. some 3"+ near ern areas around BOS and widespread in NH and Maine. 4"+ ectrl NH into Maine.

Is it me, or does the constant need for Eric Fisher to give very PC responses get on your last nerve? He is on twitter talking about how he felt dissapointed over Edouard whiffing in '96 bc he was just a dumb kid...I replied that any adult weather enthusiast would be disappointed whether they admit it or not.

Guy gets on my nerves.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hey, almost more than I had for Juky and August  combined....nice dent.

and actually, that kind of belies this thing's potential.  There's a pretty massive stripe just west of the SNE eastern end, that's 3 to 4" spanning much of N. PA and eastern NY...  It's part of the same structure/synoptics doing this whole thing, so this isn't etched in stone. We could certainly crank that further east within model error climate.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

and actually, that kind of belies this thing's potential.  There's a pretty massive stripe just west of the SNE eastern end, that's 3 to 4" spanning much of N. PA and eastern NY...  It's part of the same structure/synoptics doing this whole thing, so this isn't etched in stone. We could certainly crank that further east within model error climate.

Yea, I would take the over.

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I would take the over.

Well.. .that's 'potential'

I'm not sure about the over ( personally..)  

The models tend to correct anomalies of this nature downward as they cross into the short range from the mid range.  So I'd hit this a bit harder tomorrow if we get the benefit of consistency after having relayed .. That's my take on this.  I worded it strongly in discussion write-up, saying the Euro's 6+" juggernaut yesterday was likely over -assessed ( not tough guess there..).   But it did come down... This can come further.  There is not a lot of mechanical forcing here so it's ....mmm a teeny weensy dubious.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Well.. .that's 'potential'

I'm not sure about the over ( personally..)  

The models tend to correct anomalies of this nature downward as they cross into the short range from the mid range.  So I'd hit this a bit harder tomorrow if we get the benefit of consistency after having relayed .. That's my take on this.  I worded it strongly in discussion write-up, saying the Euro's 6+" juggernaut yesterday was likely over -assessed ( not tough guess there..).   But it came down... this can come further.  There is not a lot of mechanics forcing here so it's it's ....mmm a teeny weensy dubious.

I just mean if my area were to end up in the max axis, it could easily end up over 2"....not that it necessarily has to happen like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Is it me, or does the constant need for Eric Fisher to give very PC responses get on your last nerve? He is on twitter talking about how he felt dissapointed over Edouard whiffing in '96 bc he was just a dumb kid...I replied that any adult weather enthusiast would be disappointed whether they admit it or not.

Guy gets on my nerves.

I recall a bit about that storm, but the details are foggy.  If it had made SNE landfall would it have been a biggie?

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Guy gets on my nerves.

I think if it was 95/70 year round he would be fine with it. I miss the days of when the TV weather mets had their own style of forecasting. Now every weather segment is the same....show the current temps...show the overnight temps...show the next day temps....show future cast...show the forecast for the next 7 days ..how many mets actually give their own reasoning for a forecast???....and they do it with the same enthusiasm of someone going door to door to sell burial plots .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I recall a bit about that storm, but the details are foggy.  If it had made SNE landfall would it have been a biggie?

Barry Burbank was on a few hours before theoretical landfall and when he said “It can’t miss now” Edouard jogged east and missed-lol.

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Barry Burbank was on a few hours before theoretical landfall and when he said “It can’t miss now” Edouard jogged east and missed-lol.

That storm spent about 3 days heading almost due north, holding its strength well, and seemed likely to stay on course until landfall in RI/EMA. Then it pulled a sharp right just before its significant effects reached the shores.

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

That storm spent about 3 days heading almost due north, holding its strength well, and seemed likely to stay on course until landfall in RI/EMA. Then it pulled a sharp right just before its significant effects reached the shores.

That storm devastated the burgeoning weather weenie in me. I was giddy with anticipation and then…rug pull. 

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Guy gets on my nerves.

I agree, totally PC with everything. Doesn't like to be corrected when he floats out misleading data either. I mean Cansips lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I agree, totally PC with everything. Doesn't like to be corrected when he floats out misleading data either. I mean Cansips lol

I remember I got into a bit of a debate with him on Twitter after he posted his wintee outlook...he said it would be a ratter bc off all of the other warmest fall analogs. I told him point blank, the la nina is east based, so we are probably going to get at least one really wintery stretch due to poleward Aleutian ridging. 

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I got out Wednesday, it was beautiful, shot a 44, had a blow up hole.

43 minutes ago, kdxken said:

They suck. Mine was nine today. Right next to the green in two and proceeded to scuff my way to a seven. Shot an 88 and beat Joe by 2 so I can't complain.

That’s my type of golf right there.  85-90.

Beautiful evening at a campfire… Treehouse brews and dare I say the Carhartt hoodie and shorts felt mighty comfortable.  Certainly could’ve done without the hoodie too though.  Keeps the mosquitoes at bay. 

• Like 1