• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

It's kind of a "shot before the shot across the bow" air mass..

But it's interesting how this segues into a week of +15 to +18 (at times) 850 mb thermal layout next week, after Monday's potential shits

Which is really a nested anomaly.  The larger circulation/super synoptic manifold is very much above normal while the worst of guidance depictions plays out from late Sunday through Tuesday.  

Speaking of which, jeez, the NAM? That's a Shawshanking.   It has that BD mid 50s occasional light rain in a saturated misty gloom look ..rim to rim across Labor Day. 

I don't know what it is about the NAM - other than the fact that it is a piece of synoptic shit beyond about 10 minutes out in time ... But it somehow physically always manages to manifest the worst of all imaginary scenarios, within a plausibility framework in that time range. No matter what metric one is using it for   Cold?  it's the warmest model.  Warmth?  it's the coldest model.   Nice weather?  deepest boning of all guidance...  It's weird. It's like NCEP created a perturbed turd just to like see what if ... ya know.  

Hell ..it could be right.  If that high moving through Quebec is more or less weighty, probably determines if the front hangs up over Brian vs L.I.   It seems Brian's screwed either way, which is certainly good...

I guess ultimately I don't care.  I'd really like to charge my lawn and the surrounding geology with a 2-3" dose at this point.  Today through Sunday is fine and a reasonable compromise.    Then next week we see if embedded/nested anomaly clears out in time to get one last run in with above normal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The wagon trains have all left for NNE Monday and Tuesday . SNE we barby , beer, boob , bake

Timely post as it looked like most guidance shifted south a bit.  Hope you get drenched so I can head back north and get a nice afternoon/evening hike in.

GFS almost lets me.  GGEM spreads the wealth.

gfs_apcpn_neus_17.thumb.png.345d78b3af1a64bf93c77f4ab1f18380.png

gem_apcpn_neus_17.thumb.png.3e7f918d001b8979bda6ca80a1e12ccc.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Timely post as it looked like most guidance shifted south a bit.  Hope you get drenched so I can head back north and get a nice afternoon/evening hike in.

GFS almost lets me.  GGEM spreads the wealth.

gfs_apcpn_neus_17.thumb.png.345d78b3af1a64bf93c77f4ab1f18380.png

gem_apcpn_neus_17.thumb.png.3e7f918d001b8979bda6ca80a1e12ccc.png

Enjoy the bridge collapses up there Monday . We’ll be outside chillaxin ‘ in Moosup.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Ukie dropping 4-5" along rt 2

Bring it! ...I really want it.  I do.  I couldn't give a ratz azz about Labor Day...particularly when it's likely to be utopic through noon on Sunday.  Who cares...

But 5" of rain would go some corrective distance. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

EPS heaviest axis is around the MA/NH border as well.

It is ..

I'm also wondering if the ensemble means being shy of their operational version by a factor of ~ 4 should be a red flag, but this is also D4 at this point ( or less) and the operational runs are typically better in this range.  hmm.

Maybe this is just that sensitive so it needs a shorter term -