• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Disco/obs/etc

Torch Tiger

Just got back to Pit1.  91* in my shaded yard, per my Accurite and Oregon Scientific.  The car was reading 103* as I drove through Methuen.  Horrible.
Scorcha at Pit 2--went up to 86*.   Full-on COC 10 miles away though.

2120869150_Screenshot2022-07-244_35_30PM.thumb.png.dcb31070638a75411473e96d920f7735.png
Wicked cool, temp wise on the coast. Wife and I were at boothbay couple weeks ago and took bost ride to pemaquid. On the way back we went through the channel in bristol. Ever been there? Looks like a nice place to spend the night and get a good meal20220709_142848.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

On maxes BOS put up a +18 today, ORH +11, and BDL +10. There was definitely some extra heat squeezed out toward the coast in E MA.

Well my Davis @ home shows a high of 95 today, we had a good breeze most of the day which was nice, Shop Davis showed a high of 97 which is 2-3miles from my home or so. Lol pool topped off at 90

14 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Bad sensors. I'm sure the sensor crew will come and talk about it soon...

I think ORH is low and BOS may be high.  I’m in ORH twice a week this summer and the ORH temperatures seem lower by several degrees vs downtown.

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

The airport is several hundred feet higher in elevation than downtown and is largely surrounded by wooded areas 

Good explanation!  It also explains why ORH is probably not representative of Worcester and BOS as we’ve discussed is not representative of Boston-usually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah.  Worcester has trouble getting over 90.    I know Will (ORHwxman) knows the stats off the top of his head but I don’t think they have ever hit 100F

Not at the current site. They did at the old site downtown on 7/4/1911 (102F).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

Just got back to Pit1.  91* in my shaded yard, per my Accurite and Oregon Scientific.  The car was reading 103* as I drove through Methuen.  Horrible.

Scorcha at Pit 2--went up to 86*.   Full-on COC 10 miles away though.

Screenshot 2022-07-24 4.35.30 PM.png

Yeah just got home from playing 18 in Lakeville.  Hotter up around this way still in the 90s. Blows...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah just got home from playing 18 in Lakeville.  Hotter up around this way still in the 90s. Blows...

I decided not to golf today for that reason, high of 94, down to 86 now and feels fairly comfortable. Last time I golfed in this heat I got one of those towels you dip in cold water and wrap around your neck.

• Like 1

Just now, DavisStraight said:

I decided not to golf today for that reason, high of 94, down to 86 now and feels fairly comfortable. Last time I golfed in this heat I got one of those towels you dip in cold water and wrap around your neck.

If I played in the heat all the time I  would definitely get one. Truthfully today wasn't that bad although I'm starting to feel it now.

Surprisingly during the heat wave the air quality hasn't been too bad? One advisory for the South Coast area unless I missed earlier warnings.

"The air quality advisory, which is due to an expected increase in ozone levels, will last until 11 p.m. and includes Essex, Plymouth, Dukes, southern Bristol and Barnstable counties, the alert said.

• Like 2

Amazing seabreeze front at York Beach, ME today…ran into it coming back from Nubble light at Sohier park(73F) to 83 at the end of Nubble Rd 0.8 mile later, then 95 at the south end of Long Sands Beach. All within less than 2.5 miles. Earlier the front had been about 2 miles back from the coast but then bumped eastward to the beach about 6 pm.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MJOatleast7 said:

Amazing seabreeze front at York Beach, ME today…ran into it coming back from Nubble light at Sohier park(73F) to 83 at the end of Nubble Rd 0.8 mile later, then 95 at the south end of Long Sands Beach. All within less than 2.5 miles. Earlier the front had been about 2 miles back from the coast but then bumped eastward to the beach about 6 pm.

Yeah winds flipped more southwesterly and Isles of Shoals even jumped to 90 in the late afternoon.

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Wicked cool, temp wise on the coast. Wife and I were at boothbay couple weeks ago and took bost ride to pemaquid. On the way back we went through the channel in bristol. Ever been there? Looks like a nice place to spend the night and get a good meal20220709_142848.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Haven’t spent any time in Bristol—thanks for rec.  great pic too.

• Like 1

Headed N to beat the heat and hit up a really beautiful pastoral brewery in Braintree, VT called Bent Hill Brewery.  Storms formed around noon and there was a  steady breeze at elevation... then we drove east through the forest to Fairlee shortly after the rain had moved out and temps got all the way down to 70 with fog.   Felt like the place to be today.