Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I probably read that in real time as I gazed at my burgeoning orange tree in my yard while vomiting my coffee.....

It might have been better to be in LA for that one than here...I think BOS had 2 inches of sand in that while the Cape was getting their 2-3 foot blizzard. Cutoff was really sharp around the canal....even East Wareham had "only" a foot or so.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I had both castles lol

My mother just sold her house to move in w my sister....I (thought) I still had a trash bag full of all of those figures there somewhere, but couldn't find it...was pissed.

I think I have the grayskull one still :lol:. My parents sometimes take the kids to give us a hand, and they wind up playing with the toys I had when I was their age. For whatever reasons, my parents are keeping their basement like a Toys R Us museum. :lol:  But at least they are different toys to play with compared to what's out there now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Snowiest GEFS run I’ve seen this winter with no storm imminent. Day 6-13 mean 500mb anomaly here. As day 6 is when the threats start on GEFS.

Euro is not as enthused but the image below still has a nice 5 day mean.

4841B983-244B-4626-9A19-9B20CB3CC5DC.png

F29E19E3-1DCC-4CED-91E3-90326CA39ACA.png

30294FD3-E11C-4627-94EE-E5B2EB51873F.png

Greet looking set up…can we get it to produce? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I think I have the grayskull one still :lol:. My parents sometimes take the kids to give us a hand, and they wind up playing with the toys I had when I was their age. For whatever reasons, my parents are keeping their basement like a Toys R Us museum. :lol:  But at least they are different toys to play with compared to what's out there now. 

Toys of the 60s/70s/80s into the 90s were so much better than since

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Toys of the 60s/70s/80s into the 90s were so much better than since

I gave my kids some of mine...my 2yo daughter broke the hair off of my plastic Bart Simpson doll...the head is plastic, so it smashed right off. I was pissed...as soon as she's old enough to go out, she's grounded. 

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I gave my kids some of mine...my 2yo daughter broke the hair off of my plastic Bart Simpson doll...the head is plastic, so it smasked right off. I was pissed...as soon as she's old enough to go out, she's grounded. 

My kid (almost 11) has a small fortune worth of original Star Wars toys, Matchbox cars and comic books.   I don’t really care, he enjoys them so let it be.  For the most part he’s treated everything gentle except for a few cringe worthy comic book losses.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

My kid (almost 11) has a small fortune worth of original Star Wars toys, Matchbox cars and comic books.   I don’t really care, he enjoys them so let it be.  For the most part he’s treated everything gentle except for a few cringe worthy comic book losses.

If only I saved my baseball cards, my friend/neighbor did and sold them for 5k, a few years later he could have had triple that but he did better than me.

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

If only I saved my baseball cards, my friend/neighbor did and sold them for 5k, a few years later he could have had triple that but he did better than me.

My mom discarded my baseball cards when I was away at college. Probably worth tons of $$$.    I forgave her before she died.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

so, the 12th threat is now a rainy cutting mess? granted almost 10 days out and time to correct, but some pretty wide spread on the ensembles...

3/11-12 never looked that good. Mid-month has more going for it. 

But some of the guidance has a front-running wave on 3/10 that is kind of interesting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man.. everyone just has completely checked out on winter. Those ensemble runs that showed epic month just so bad . Everyone is out 

nothing has changed regarding the mid-month period. this is anomalous cold and there's been signals of a larger system popping in the 13-18th timeframe

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom_5day-7561600.thumb.png.efe1cd5342b2f786771d64b93ae0b0eb.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man.. everyone just has completely checked out on winter. Those ensemble runs that showed epic month just so bad . Everyone is out 

I am still in, going down with the ship. I am giving till April 5th and then I'm done, I just think we are good for two more events ......  

• Like 1

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly
  • dendrite unpinned this topic