• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022

cleetussnow

As i see it...and at home now. There to me seems to be need for an SPS out now... not an HWO that no one sees except us weenies (speaking for myself) and EM's. There should be slippery problems prior to sunrise through much of NJ or a slight snow accumulation by 7 or 8AM. It's not my call but I am prepared for delays. Moist of NJ now subfreezing. BL does not warm much on the ne Wind. I see snow/or ice for NYC-PHI by 7AM...  the salt yes, leftovers may help but they will need new sand salt application or something for at the least the bridges/overpasses.  That's only my own off duty opinion, I presume the Interstates - heavily traveled routes will be just wet, but not the driveways in the early part of the rush hour. 

18z/6 NBM has widespread .01 ice I95 corridor by 18z PHI-NYC and only T to 0.2" snow which i think is a little conservative.

Also regarding salt: If it's long lasting, then we wouldn't need to reapply storm after storm (excluding the rain washouts). 

Tomorrow morning we'll know whether it was worthwhile preparing for just wet, or icy slight snow covered stretches. Have your mPing ready to go and I think enjoy a little more winter.

This developing system may end up with more ice and snow late in the day or evening just northwest of I95 in NJ/se NYS/CT. We'll see.  

• Like 10

19 hours ago, snowman19 said:

Solar spring starts Tuesday (2/8) and ends (5/8), it’s the time of the most rapid gain of sunlight of the year. Solar summer starts on 5/8

yet another fake concocted season.  I'm a big believer in astronomy it's the only science that makes exact predictions that are always correct.  Spring starts on the equinox, period, end of discussion.

2 hours ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

And now this is coming back. Just because the models drop a storm for a day or two doesn't mean they're not going to come back. The mistake was progressing the western ridge eastward too quickly.

WX/PT

ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_8.png

its awesome this is exactly why meteorologists should not trust models and use their own knowledge

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

And now this is coming back. Just because the models drop a storm for a day or two doesn't mean they're not going to come back. The mistake was progressing the western ridge eastward too quickly.

WX/PT

ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_8.png

If something happens next week, that’s probably all she wrote for winter. The pattern turns into this right after and into March: 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 6

Morning thoughts…

Today will be mostly cloudy. Some light snow, light freezing rain, and later some showers are possible. High temperatures will likely reach the upper 30s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 38°

Newark: 38°

Philadelphia: 40°

Temperatures will moderate starting tomorrow. 

Normals:

New York City: 30-Year: 40.7°; 15-Year: 40.8°

Newark: 30-Year: 41.4°; 15-Year: 41.5°

Philadelphia: 30-Year: 42.6°; 15-Year: 42.5°

• Like 2

The next 8 days are averaging 36degs.(29/43) or +2.

Reached 38 here yesterday.

Today: 37-40, rain till 3pm, wind e. to n., 35 tomorrow AM.

Only real snow chance 13th.-17th.

36*(74%RH) here at 6am.   35* at 7am.{was 34* at 2am.}.      39* at Noon.