Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022

cleetussnow

28 minutes ago, bluewave said:

All the guidance gets us into the 50s on Saturday with the lead wave taking a cutter track.  So the SE Ridge may stay stronger for the follow up storm from Sunday into Monday. This could allow the low to creep NW closer to the coast in coming days. 

BBDA17B9-072A-4F98-9045-86E9DDA78C5D.thumb.png.53bc4bf86457168aa16bc33aa770ec8b.png

Someone is bound to interpret this as an impending coastal rainstorm. Then again, stranger things have happened. 

For those just catching this snapshot without reading the rest of the thread: the coastal storm follows the weekend lead cutter on guidance, when the cold air is already established early next week, putting a frozen-event on the table. Guidance (as of now) however does not amplify the low to ride north into our latitude, and goes out to sea.

A couple of  notes:  Bluewave correct.. ridge west coast breaks down far too quick... and has been for a long-long time.

I find the EPS depressing but I don't think it's doing too well long range and my confidence in the GEFS maintaining 1045MB highs sliding southeast from northwest Canada is above average into the 24th, which makes it a battleground ball game through at least the 24th out here in our NYC subforum.  

Of course FEB will be a little warmer than normal  overall with a couple of very warm days but regarding nada winter opportunities for 3"+ snow into the last week of the month: I doubt that. 

You may have noticed the 06z/8 GEFS  made a rather healthy increase in modeled snowfall VA northeastward to BOS. There at the least should be a period of snow or ice BOS-RDU-AVL  Sunday-early Monday for much of this area. Maybe a snowstorm for a part of this region. Too early to say where in particular but worthy of interest.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Cmc was a miss as well. Northern stream dont wanna play

CMC has a period of snow (T-2") along the front Sunday for us. I start there... CMC has something. Sharpening either this trough or the follower on the 15th and suddenly you have some sort of larger coastal event.  I am counting on an inch or 2 of snow Sunday here in nw Nj and I think NYC as well, or Mon-Tue, but preferably Sunday. Weenie me when it's no go on Saturday if and when this is a complete miss.

Enjoying these pretty big highs continually showing out of w Canada.   When that out there is constantly low pressure, then i know we're consistently torched. I am resisting the persistent unseasonable warmth here until the GEFS goes bye-bye on the W NAM ridge. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, wdrag said:

CMC has a period of snow (T-2") along the front Sunday for us. I start there... CMC has something. Sharpening either this trough or the follower on the 15th and suddenly you have some sort of larger coastal event.  I am counting on an inch or 2 of snow Sunday here in nw Nj and I think NYC as well, or Mon-Tue, but preferably Sunday. Weenie me when it's no go on Saturday if and when this is a complete miss.

Enjoying these pretty big highs continually showing out of w Canada.   When that out there is constantly low pressure, then i know we're consistently torched. I am resisting the persistent unseasonable warmth here until the GEFS goes bye-bye on the W NAM ridge. 

Thanks walt. Let's hope for some coastal love

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

We probably have until around Presidents Day to to try and put some February snow points on the board. All the 12z guidance weakens the +PNA during the last week of February with a strong +AO .So the flow becomes more zonal. It was pretty remarkable to get this +PNA run from the start of January following the most negative December PNA in history. 

EC211243-14F0-4EA3-A79A-A0647DAB41BD.thumb.png.e873e723a9e5272792957034a197a327.png

17FEAB76-E2F9-4F4D-9543-37E6BF78AF5F.thumb.png.9ff88ed4b67fb9996a9c6c68b12d0827.png

E6DA69A6-3808-483A-8EEB-4F13449F0B76.thumb.png.37619af1331015342c706a5d816873f4.png

dont these things balance out anyway so wouldn't it be natural for an extreme -PNA to be followed by an extreme +PNA?

8 hours ago, Shades said:

Someone is bound to interpret this as an impending coastal rainstorm. Then again, stranger things have happened. 

For those just catching this snapshot without reading the rest of the thread: the coastal storm follows the weekend lead cutter on guidance, when the cold air is already established early next week, putting a frozen-event on the table. Guidance (as of now) however does not amplify the low to ride north into our latitude, and goes out to sea.

so the warmer it gets on Saturday the better the chances for snow Sunday night is the way I see it

• Confused 1