Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

It's always the same in regard to: 
People are only interested in the MBY, step back, maybe step away. Instead of concentrating on the tree look to the entire forest. 10-12hrs of fury still to be realized.
Complain at will, some will cash-in some will not. Post-mortem is unfounded especially when the meat is still to be delivered. A feast frenzies before being served.
RELAX, and enjoy!    

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Kind of weird tone in here. Either people are exhausted from tracking, or this isn’t panning out the way some thought 

Both, I think. Maybe the HRRR will bust hard. I kind of think it's too light in BOS and just west of there. But I do think banding is going to set up too east for many in 8-18" forecast ranges. We will see.

• Like 1

Temp down to 32 here in Hyannis, lost power about an hour ago. Davis Weather Station anemometer frozen solid and no longer spinning despite 50mph gusts…will head outside and try and hit with a snowball.

Snow growth has materially improved over the past two hours, visibility non existent. Difficult to measure but I’d say ~4” OTG.

752DBB9F-B3F1-408A-9AC9-1E9E2E8F35DD.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Both, I think. Maybe the HRRR will bust hard. I kind of think it's too light in BOS and just west of there. But I do think banding is going to set up too east for many in 8-18" forecast ranges. We will see.

Yeah the QPF will likely be underdone a bit this afternoon in the deformation band (prob sets up over E MA…maybe as far west as central areas if lucky)….but I also don’t think this is a major short term model bust incoming elsewhere. The low being elongated is real and will prevent the monster solutions we saw a couple days ago. That said, those putrid rgem solutions are going to be wrong too. Reality in the middle. 

• Like 3