Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What do you think of the CT band? Does it make it to BDL?

I don’t think it will get that far but we’ll see. The returns are struggling to gain more longitude as you get down into LI and S CT but we’ll see if there’s another push as upper air goes negative. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah. We’ll see though…maybe some of that heavier stuff can rotate a little further west than advertised. I think I’m going to be low in BOS. They look primed for something bigger than 18

For whatever it’s worth the nam at 0z had a great fronto band From 10-4pm and then at 6z nam basically pushed it well off shore (700 fronto tab)

had a funky very stretched 7H evolution starting in the next hour to two’s Time frame 

**watching SPC meso to see 7H and If it becomes extremely elongated to the NE or wether it stays tight . Those mid levels are key for death band duration and set up

5 minutes ago, Greg said:

Morning Everybody!:snowing:   As has been said over and over, "Can't Measure it!" Neither can I here. Just lot's of blowing and drifting. Coming of the roof of the house and deck. This will require multiple measurements today to get a feel what really on the ground. Enjoy the storm!

1"

Glad to see you also at 1" in Wilmington...very comforting

12 minutes ago, MVOyster said:

Vineyard total whiteout, 5”+ overnight, now fatter flakes flying sideways, wind gusts roaring down the chimney … 6 & 8 year olds in jammies with their faces pressed to the window … gorgeous 

Be interesting to see the snow total differences from the E to W on the island.   Winds are going to howl all day there.

30 minutes ago, Heisy said:

It is brutal out here. Impossible to measure as everyone has noted.. Hoping these bands can rotate a bit farther NW. Can see the ocean effect on radar a bit. I tried to get farther SE towards Plymouth but there was nothing available any where for a reasonable price.

Any posters from around where I am? 

Screenshot_20220129-071302_RadarScope.jpg

Hello neighbor! My house faces the north and I don't have to clean much off my car or walk way, yet. It's all getting blown away. 

Screenshot_20220129-074836.png