• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

I pop up once or twice a year in these big events but always lurk. I'm siked this peaks during daylight hours. Its hard enough getting this big storms to materialize but have peak snow line up is even more of a challenge. 

Can't wait for tomorrow! Been with this group since Eastern days...best part is I am renting on Plum Island so I have front row seats to this one!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Bruinsyear said:

I pop up once or twice a year in these big events but always lurk. I'm siked this peaks during daylight hours. Its hard enough getting this big storms to materialize but have peak snow line up is even more of a challenge. 

Can't wait for tomorrow! Been with this group since Eastern days...best part is I am renting on Plum Island so I have front row seats to this one!

It's going to get wild there tomorrow, you on the waterfront?

While mid levels don't really get going until around 09z tonight, I think we should keep an eye on the banding in the Mid Atlantic right now.

It appears to be mainly driven by 700 mb fronotgenesis, or at least matches best with those forecasts. One thing models agree on is that if you draw a line down the axis of the band it does not get any farther west all the way up through New England. The NAM is probably the closest to getting it done.

3 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It's going to get wild there tomorrow, you on the waterfront?

1 set of house back, long dune run in front of me but its not far from where the houses are getting comprised inside the river. House is up here, so I have no worry but I have front row seats. That last wind/rain ripper did some major damage. I watched the waves top the dunes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

While mid levels don't really get going until around 09z tonight, I think we should keep an eye on the banding in the Mid Atlantic right now.

It appears to be mainly driven by 700 mb fronotgenesis, or at least matches best with those forecasts. One thing models agree on is that if you draw a line down the axis of the band it does not get any farther west all the way up through New England. The NAM is probably the closest to getting it done.

solid 700mb fronto for sure down there

image.thumb.png.5eece0835dd5213fed869e4357d7dc56.png