• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

I don't know about you all but I've officially entered the period of time before a big storm where I'm just consistently asking myself "can it really happen?".

Already freaking out about whether elongated lows will steal energy from my own elongation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I don't know about you all but I've officially entered the period of time before a big storm where I'm just consistently asking myself "can it really happen?".

I still remember a blizzard warning back in the 80's where Dick Albert said it couldn't miss the night before and it missed, grazed the Cape, that one's always in the back of my mind.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Keep in mind that that's averaging 10:1.  I suspect we'll be averaging somewhat  higher than that--not sure how much higher.

Yeah... I'm wondering how high the ratios can get if the winds are grinding flakes into sand at times though.  13:1?  15:1?    That is a concern I've had

• Like 1

Just now, DavisStraight said:

I still remember a blizzard warning back in the 80's where Dick Albert said it couldn't miss the night before and it missed, grazed the Cape, that one's always in the back of my mind.

I remember one around '85 or '86 that did that. Had WSW in effect and got let out of school early...and got absolutely nothing

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

It's within possibilities I nearly hit my yearly total average with this storm. All the angst and meltdowns here reminded me of Dec 14 Jan 15. We issued patience grasshopper alerts to all and the unbelievers ignored.

Was going to post this but didn't want to tease the bear.

• Haha 1

It`s possible this heavy band of snow may pivot as far
west as eastern CT/RI into the Worcester Hills.

Definitely seems like one forecaster is thinking Jan 2015.  If deffy doesn't get past ORH take em down in the valley.  I don't buy it though.  Expecting 10-14" here with mostly upside.  

• Like 3

Already freaking out about whether elongated lows will steal energy from my own elongation.
Messes up the SE fetch for waves. Trying to get a surf in Saturday afternoon if we can get some swell to fill in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah... I'm wondering how high the ratios can get if the winds are grinding flakes into sand at times though.  13:1?  15:1?    That is a concern I've had

I hear you. Our winds will be tempered from what they experience on the coast, so hopefully that will lessen that impact.

1 minute ago, radarman said:
 It`s possible this heavy band of snow may pivot as far
west as eastern CT/RI into the Worcester Hills.

Definitely seems like one forecaster is thinking Jan 2015.  If deffy doesn't get past ORH take em down in the valley.  I don't buy it though.  Thinking 10-14" here with mostly upside.  

I'm still cringing from the 00z NAM for mby.