• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Man that area in the upper Cape may have all time epic conditions. If the NAM is right, nothing left standing there. 

There is a lot of uncertainty, especially HYA east. They may taint for a time, but it should go back to Paste+ there. But those winds. Woof.

Every tree, every structure, every man down 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Well we will see always some minima in between bands as you know. But when people started posting its unlikely we get to normal I bit my tongue.  I am intrigued by long term, oh my

Well yeah...I think we get a week off, snowpack modulation be damned. But after that never looked terrible to me. I also ignore the weeklies because they suck.

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

You guys I am AMPED the EURO and EPS is even further west.

This storm is gonna have lots of good surprises like NEMO I bet!

GFS looks like crap compared to all other models relatively speaking. Any cause for concern or toss?

No concerns anymore. 12-16” for wct, 16-20” cct, and 20-30” ect…locked and loaded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

You guys I am AMPED the EURO and EPS is even further west.

This storm is gonna have lots of good surprises like NEMO I bet!

GFS looks like crap compared to all other models relatively speaking. Any cause for concern or toss?

Oh you mean the model that had a half inch yesterday for areas expected to get 18+ yea no

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, radarman said:
 It`s possible this heavy band of snow may pivot as far
west as eastern CT/RI into the Worcester Hills.

Definitely seems like one forecaster is thinking Jan 2015.  If deffy doesn't get past ORH take em down in the valley.  I don't buy it though.  Expecting 10-14" here with mostly upside.  

It looks like a good initial push west though before that? If the ccb deform hits the same area as the initial push, that's where we could see some huge totals imho. But it might not get that far west/south.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I do feel like there will be a Juno band. That looks almost certain. Well, perhaps not if GFS is right, but going by gut. The question is how long does it last? That low bombing tries to constrict the lows in the aftn. 

To me looking at NAM and EURO I see this wrt banding only. 

20130209_accum.thumb.gif.e93c922d30f049140de25ea909fae504.gif

• Like 2