• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Just now, JC-CT said:

I am seeing that, displaced east by anywhere from 15-50 miles. Because I generally ignore the NAM.

I am keeping NAM in mind also but only weighing 30% as opposed to EURO 70%.

I am taking into account the EPS and EURO keeps trending west AND banding tenets to be west of modeling.

However yeah I don't think 20 to the NYK boarder and I don't see the SEMA changeover.

One thing to keep in mind was NEMO was in a much much warmer air mass. Not sure how the colder air mass affects anything.

The power outages are going to be a disaster with the cold and wind. Boston's high is 18 Sat and even the cape gets into the teens Sat night.  You lose power in that and pipes are bursting quick. The line crews are going to be slowed down getting around with all the snow as well. 

Well it’s snowing here this morning , blowing and  gusty, yet  another in a long line of seasonal depression January mornings for the non weenies here .  

22 here but classic set up with the cold air blasting in here to fuel the fire over you guys.  

Ottawa already down to zero.  They had 19 inches last week, told my dad they will be arctic sunny and bitter, watching the snow on tv this time. 

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well we will see always some minima in between bands as you know. But when people started posting its unlikely we get to normal I bit my tongue.  I am intrigued by long term, oh my

As long as we keep squashing the cutter next week which EPS continues to do we won’t lose it all 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Yeah it's close but it did expand the heavy precip further west and Northwest so more joy.

I think its probably just expanding the precip shield to the nw, which was always argued for....but deformation etc was same. Believe me, if I felt it was amped you would all hear about it lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think its probably just expanding the precip shield to the nw, which was always argued for....but deformation etc was same. Believe me, if I felt it was amped you would all hear about it lol

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

It also increased qpf by 0.25" for the largest city in the country

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

This is what I was seeing (actually I was seeing higher heights downstream earlier than this)

ttTFIcq.gif

I agree that’s an important shift. If you can make it out at a North America  “view” without straining your eyes it’s not noise. That’s a 50 mile shift southwest with the H5 occlusion. Big deal for mid Atlantic and the west crew. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

It was west, JC is right as i said it was as well, Less dynamic then 0z though, For ones further north, Cut precip by a 10th but pretty much noise

Yeah...I was focused more on those currently on the fringes, not whether methuen mass gets 27" or 33".

• Like 1