• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, CCHurricane said:

Lost in all of this chaos is Cape Cod no longer being a solid position...gradient between 2 feet and not much looks to be ~25 miles. 

We’ve seen lots of shifts with it still being mostly snow excluding the latest NAM but it’s the NAM. I think wait and see the rest of the model runs. Even the furthest west Euro which was very close to the cape kept us all snow. I think If it does go west anymore it’ll be all snow but if we see anymore shift westward it will change over. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Well I'm taking them up...

At the coast. 

I feel like confidence is pretty high on a decent floor at the coast, so I'm bringing totals up there while keeping the interior more or less the same. Phin should love it.

Chris, what are your thoughts on that NAM solution? Think its too zonked?

I find it very realistic...

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, George001 said:

Temps are in the teens and 20s. In my opinion, even if the low went inland and crossed over like Worcester or something it would still snow in eastern mass due to the cold and strength of the low. It can snow east of the low, it’s not common but it does happen sometimes.

Not when they originate near the Bahamas.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

At the coast. 

I feel like confidence is pretty high on a decent floor at the coast, so I'm bringing totals up there while keeping the interior more or less the same. Phin should love it.

Snowstorms are always much more fun when the NWS downplays and then has to scramble to up totals throughout the day, so I'm good with it. :) 

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

At the coast. 

I don't blame you until more guidance comes in. This could be the one zonked NAM12 run.