• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Trend this on all the GFS runs today... slowly ticking more stout with every run

Not sure if this is what ORH / CoastalWx are referring to, but it's definitely blunting the trough sharpness. A more robust northern energy and sooner interaction with southern energy can definitely overcome this negative, but something to watch.

gfs_z500_vort_us_8.thumb.png.16b524bda8b8275813cb02d910fd7b21.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I wonder if the ensemble sensitivity shifts from the NS sw to the PV pressing down.  What drives the pressing down of the PV?  Is it something over the North Atlantic?

There is sensitivity to that area, but we want higher heights for a closer to the coast track. The problem is this sensitivity shows its hand late in the game vs. the northern stream shortwave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

WOR crew is definitely sitting this one out... writing is on the wall, that PV means business it seems regardless with the other chess pieces on the board at the moment...50s next week will feel great

Is it still a HECS if it only hits a 50 mile wide coastal strip in MA and nowhere else?

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The good news is that when the features get into play, we may start to see adjustments. Of course barring any issues from Canada. But big time convection will help pump heights ahead of it too. 

Yeah this is a southern stream juicer and they typically go through a period of amping up on model guidance between like D3-36 hours. But obviously that doesn’t have to happen every single time if there’s something else offsetting it. 

This one's a goner guys. I don't want to say that because I really wanted this storm. I'm a full-out weather geek, weather weenie oh, whatever you want to call me I am. Even my spouse and my eight year old laugh at how much I love the snow. But I'm giving up on this one. It's not coming back. I don't think anything's ever come back after where is gone to now.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 4

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

This one's a goner guys. I don't want to say that because I really wanted this storm. I'm a full-out weather geek, weather weenie oh, whatever you want to call me I am. Even my spouse of my eight year old left how much I love the snow. But I'm giving up on this one. It's not coming back. I don't think anything's ever come back after where is gone to now.

Why does your eight year old have a spouse

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

This one's a goner guys. I don't want to say that because I really wanted this storm. I'm a full-out weather geek, weather weenie oh, whatever you want to call me I am. Even my spouse of my eight year old left how much I love the snow. But I'm giving up on this one. It's not coming back. I don't think anything's ever come back after where is gone to now.

:facepalm:

• Like 2