Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

Just now, BooneWX said:

For what it’s worth, the gfs and GEFS have been consistent with the signal for days. 

And doesn’t have the tendency to bury things like the euro.. I’ll hang my hat on the gfs and it’s model suite until something substantial changes. Call me crazy but I’ll roll the dice here. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

I guess one of the biggest struggles is not really knowing what something halfway in-between these two solutions would even look like. I suspect mostly rain for most with a thump of snow on the back end, with the low tracking over the Apps and phasing late. 

That's actually a really good point. Maybe one of the better cases (which would upset most of the crew) would be a charlotte to chesterfield up into the DC area or something. Not sure if even the NC mountains or SW VA could survive that..

8 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

I guess one of the biggest struggles is not really knowing what something halfway in-between these two solutions would even look like. I suspect mostly rain for most with a thump of snow on the back end, with the low tracking over the Apps and phasing late. 

I’m chuckling because you’re 100% right - how do you split the difference between a foot of snow and a severe weather outbreak? 

The models are laughable at this point and the most we should take away is that the ensembles show a favorable pattern.

6 minutes ago, Upstate Tiger said:

It’s difficult to understand how this storm can be this far north and west with the anomalous blocking in the east and ridging in the west.  I will say the 18z GFS is a much more realistic solution than the ECMF IMO.  

It’s also shoving around a 1036HP so I’m not sure how likely that is? Can anyone see this Miller B as well? 

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic