joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

5 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

0z CMC is still a cutter FWIW

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Canadian is a joke. It's own ensembles have been laughing at the OP.. that h5 is going to produce one hell of a storm if it's still showing something remotely close as we get to Sunday night time frame and start to hone in on specifics.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TARHEELPROGRAMMER88 said:

An act of God :+)

I moved up to the Raleigh area in 2019. Been mostly meh since. Blame me.

Well, I’m more east of you in Wilson county and the latest trends aren’t great for us. Hopefully we can luck out 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

6z GFS was pretty ugly.. the 6z GEFS was about the same as 0z.

Yea agreed sloppy phase. Very odd evolution. The naysayers and the Debbie downers are starting to rear their ugly heads. Let’s hope 12z at least provides a little clarity one way or the other. I did see where the s/w is coming over Alaska tonight they’ve been doing launches for data purposes and that is supposed to be ingested into the 0z models tonight. This is where the models are deviating from one another due to the strength of that s/w. Euro keeps it more consolidated vs gfs has it start to stretch to where downstream we all see it more east of the euro and the other models showing cutter scenarios. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

@Buddy1987 , how are u feeling about it? I know we are 6 days out but I don't feel to good about this. I hate to say that. Would love to be wrong but this, at the moment, screams rain, cold front, with a little snow after the front moves through.

Honestly don’t feel good about it.. time and time again it never fails. The least snowiest model always rules around our forum. I’m hoping we get lucky and for the most part the GFS/Ensembles have been very consistent but a lot of the other models I feel like people are pulling at straws. I was one of them. Not gonna lose hope but kinda speaking the truth here so I don’t get let down like usual. 

• Like 1

Seeing a polar vortex or piece of it over the lakes is pretty impressive. This can sometimes produce strong vorts/clippers for our area. There's a lot of possibilities, but I don't see anything until after this upcoming system. The ski areas are about to cash in big time.image.thumb.png.01b804222185d18df3fc5c8d9c296131.png

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic