• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

Looking at 6z Euro out to 144 on mid Atlantic forum, the s/w diving down looks more GFS like back at 0z, whereas it’s not ejecting it as far eastward as what 6z gfs did. Also appears to be a little more neutral of a tilt, thus the hope is IF the euro continued out past 144, we would be getting “diggy”. Still a ton of time and a ton of things to change, but I will take small battlefield wins. 

17 minutes ago, christopher58 said:

Look Guys you have soldiers all line up. Placement is the key for weather zones. This is going windshield effect for many days. I lived through many times living in north east. Never get to high or to low with the models runs.

One thing I have noticed over the years of model watching. Once the models start trending away from snow over a day's worth of runs, it almost never comes back to snowy solutions. Same cannot be said for the reverse. 

6 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The weather channel released their January-March temperature outlook its simple Nina logic. Not that I expect much different from them. 

This makes me audibly laugh out loud. What a joke they’ve become. It’s too bad too because back in the 90’s they were freakin on it. 

• Like 1

The Northern Hemispheric pattern setting up is probably the best we've seen since 09/10 and 10/11(if you like snow in the east). Anytime you get such extreme blocking in the Atlantic (-NAO), the model trends are usually in favor of increased amplification and cutoffs upstream. Aka any fart in the wind can turn into a SECS. This pattern will likely produce, but I wouldn't get too caught up in the individual model solutions this far out.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

The Northern Hemispheric pattern setting up is probably the best we've seen since 09/10 and 10/11(if you like snow in the east). Anytime you get such extreme blocking in the Atlantic (-NAO), the model trends are usually in favor of increased amplification and cutoffs upstream. Aka any fart in the wind can turn into a SECS. This pattern will likely produce, but I wouldn't get too caught up in the individual model solutions this far out.

This! 

25 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

The fart part was awesome!! :D

• Thanks 1

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic