Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022

buckeyefan1

Haha this:

8 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Just unreal but we all realize it can go poof on the next run. This board would crash if the Euro showed something similar today lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Pattern has potential. Models all over the place. Nice to be under a deform band for 12+ hours with 20” of digital snow on a model run though!!!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, NJsnow89 said:

Gefs don’t look as wet as the op. 

It won't necessarily because of the blend of all the individual members. The key detail with the ensembles is to pinpoint the fact of 1. It agrees with the OP and 2. It is showcasing that time frame is a time to keep an eye on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BornAgain13 said:

More snow per 12z GFS on the 26th!!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

For the record/entertainment since it is still way out in fantasyland (12/26), a large portion of that 2nd storm is sleet/ice during the majority of it within 75-100 miles of the GA-NC coast as 850 mb temperatures are or go above 0C. The 6Z GFS was colder at 850 with more snow but it had a lighter event. Regardless, the 12Z GFS is the 4th with significant wintry precip to the SE coast on 12/26 fwiw (still not much value other than entertainment that far out).

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GaWx said:

For the record/entertainment since it is still way out in fantasyland (12/26), a large portion of that 2nd storm is sleet/ice during the majority of it within 75-100 miles of the GA-NC coast as 850 mb temperatures are or go above 0C. The 6Z GFS was colder at 850 with more snow but it had a lighter event. Regardless, the 12Z GFS is the 4th with significant wintry precip to the SE coast on 12/26 fwiw (still not much value other than entertainment that far out).

I don't think I've ever seen the GFS this consistent with a fantasy storm this far out, especially  at the same timeframe. It's definitely caught my attention.

• Weenie 1

Beautiful to see that short wave dig further south and west like I was hoping to see when I posted last night. The ensembles have had a storm signal there from the beginning. And the Euro has been all in on a monster storm as well. So I'm convinced there will be a big storm on the east coast in that time frame, the question for us will be can it dig far enough to get that ULL under us. 

Gfs vs the world. We know how this usually turns out to be. 
No it isn't

CMC Ensembles increased the snow totals over the Carolinas vs its 0z run

GEFS increased vs 6z

EURO was close, but we know the EURO OP has been on an island compared to its ensembles so the GFS is far from being alone here. You cannot take the OP runs at face value at this range

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

• buckeyefan1 changed the title to Mid to Long Range Discussion ~ 2022
  • buckeyefan1 unpinned this topic